working on 2013 topps heritage. Will post successes here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trapped212

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi,
Wasn't sure of etiquette so I thought I would list my successes here and keep the stories on the other link so I don't update myself.

Today yielded c/o A's Jed Lowrie 2/2 13TH and 13 Topps and he included his photography business card.
Sweet blue sharpie on both. Sent on 4/26 10days....wow!

C/O Padres Spring Training Cameron Maybin 1/1 13TH Sent on 3/18 49 days

Loved Cam as a Marlin and his greatest moment, one we were actually at in the bleachers was him robbing Nate McLouth of a grand slam by snaring his homer over the wall. Gotta be on youtube somewhere.
Mailed out 9 guys today. Keeping it rolling.
Now at 6/500 that is over 1 percent! 1.2% to be precise.

Last edited:
Received two in the mail yesterday. Both took 9 days. Both signed in black sharpie.

Nick Maronde c/o Arkansas Travelers 1/1
(Now I have to track down Chris Herrmann)
Juan Francisco c/o Braves 1/1

So do I count Maronde as a 1/2 or as 1 full?

Either way, at 7.5 or 8/500. Let's go double digits!

Last edited:
Efforts starting to pay off. received two back in mail yesterday.
Both sent on 5/14 received 6/3
Bud Black 1/1 c/o Padres
Dan Straily 1/1 c/o A's

2013 heritage auto set 12/500

3 more guys responded back in the mail this week.
Justin maxwell 1/1 2013 topps heritage c/o Astros 23 days
Matt harrison 1/1 2013 topps heritage (our first high number) c/o rangers c/o Rangers---postmark Round Rock TX 25 days
Chirs Iannetta 1/1 2013 topps heritage c/o Angels 26 days

2013 topps heritage 15/500

Thank you gentlemen. Today brought another solo return, but a streak none the less.
Ryan Dempster 1/1 c/o Red Sox 2013 topps heritage signed in blue sharpie 27 days.

2013 topps heritage 16/500
Will be sending 15 more out this week. As mom always said, "You have to write mail to get mail." Whatever.
Will be posting an IP/TTM/Certified auto tradelist sometime this week as school is over!

3 more came in:

2013 topps heritage Patrick Corbin 1/1 c/o Diamondbacks 27 days
2013 topps heritage Geovany Soto 1/1 c/0 Rangers 30 days
2013 topps heritage Joe nathan 1/1 c/o Rangers 31 days

All signed my topps heritage in blue sharpie.
Had to start another page: 2013 topps heritage autograph 19/500

You putting them in a binder? For my sets I bought enough pages to hold the entire set, and went ahead and start putting the cards in the pages in order. Kind of fun to start seeing the blanks fill in so to speak...
And your mom was right, you won't get any returns if you don't send any requests. I have to keep telling myself that when the droughts hit... send a new batch and hope for the best.

Longhorn---absolutely sheets, but will go the number order route once Spring Training of 2014 is over!

After a drought of a week, 2 came in yesterday
Wellington Castillo c/o Cubs 1/1 2013 topps heritage thin blue sharpie 41 days
Andy Pettitte c/o Yankees 1/1 2013 topps heritage black sharpie 49 days---always happy to knock off a yankee.

2013 topps heritage auto set 21/500

PS--son and I mailed out 19 last week....10 to go out this week.

Well, two more snuck their way back to me on July 2nd.
Buck Showalter c/o Orioles 2/2 2013 topps heritage and he signed the one that we offered him to keep, so we now have an extra one only 11 days

Rob Scahill c/o rockies, but I see he just got sent down to Colorado SkySox, 3/3 2013 topps and he signed 2 topps heritage rookie cards, including the one we offered him.

In addition, was able to make my first trade with HockeyBrawler (Drew) Who sent me 9 heritage autograph cards from his forays at Arlington..including Bourn and Jimenez. Also Drew, I have an extra unsigned 1975 topps steve busby card that I'll add in our "next" trade.

So our new total stands at 32/500 2013 topps heritage autograph set. 9 more letters going in mail today. 7 1/2 months until spring training!