WTTF - 90s MTG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dashcol

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I am looking to relive my childhood and I played MTG from about 1993-1996 and have really been wanting to rebuild the complete sets I used to have.

I have tried some of the newer stuff, and honestly, the game is not the same, the rules are not the same, the art is not the same.

I want the stuff from when I played.

I do not care what, sealed (would be kind of neat), sets, singles, graded or raw.

All sets from the 90s welcome. I really only have baseball to trade if possible.

@Dashcol

Hi -

I don't have any MTG, but I wanted to reminisce with you! I played MTG around the same time as you. The sets I remember the most were Unlimited, Revised, Fallen Empires, and Ice Age. I used to buy packs and decks at a Coin/Card Shop downtown as well as at "Electronics Boutique" (a video game store) at the mall. I had a few friends who played with me for a year or two. I ended up selling/trading everything in the early 2000s to a baseball card shop. I've always been intrigued by the newer sets of MTG, but I've heard that it is really different nowadays. I've thought too about putting together some of those old sets that I had, but, honestly, I already collect enough stuff as it is! Good luck in your search!

Scobes

@Dashcol

Hi -

I don't have any MTG, but I wanted to reminisce with you! I played MTG around the same time as you. The sets I remember the most were Unlimited, Revised, Fallen Empires, and Ice Age. I used to buy packs and decks at a Coin/Card Shop downtown as well as at "Electronics Boutique" (a video game store) at the mall. I had a few friends who played with me for a year or two. I ended up selling/trading everything in the early 2000s to a baseball card shop. I've always been intrigued by the newer sets of MTG, but I've heard that it is really different nowadays. I've thought too about putting together some of those old sets that I had, but, honestly, I already collect enough stuff as it is! Good luck in your search!

Scobes
Oh man, Electronics Boutique! I started playing when Unlimited came out, and by the time I quite my deck was all alpha/beta and then a couple legends and antiquities.

I forgot about Ice Age, cannot even remember if it was any good, which means probably not.

It is a very different game now. A little over a year ago I sat and watched some people play thinking I was going to be able to keep up, and other than the logo on the back of the cards, the game was not recognizable.

I miss playing in tournaments or just with friends, but I feel I will never play again as it is so different, so just collecting now, and only for reminiscing.