Yup, I Still Am Loving Retail (2012 Bowman Platinum)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rarthur

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Without much access to a LCS in the area, I tend to just sample new products via the retail route. While I fully understand the odds and that Hobby boxes provide much nicer hits much more frequently, I still think there are nice cards to be had, and sometimes money to be made off of retail.

This year I have made more than my purchase price on 2012 Topps Opening Day and 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter. Granted I don't buy or sell in a crazy fashion, I still enjoy the fun of busting these packs and then having the opportunity to sell cards that don't fit in my personal collection.

Last year in 2011 Bowman Platinum I was lucky enough to hit a Bryce Harper Refractor Auto from a rack pack at Meijer. This was and still is my highest selling pull (sold for $200 earlier this season).

So anyways onto the break..I had previously purchased a couple of rack packs of 2012 Bowman Platinum from Meijer and liked the product, so today I decided to grab another blaster. My brain was saying no with the product already approaching a week live, but I just had "the itch". I'd say I did pretty well for a blaster...

Base
1, 6, 14 (Jeter), 20, 22, 24, 28, 31, 33, 35, 38, 47, 51, 63, 74, 88, 96 (Parker RC), 99 (Moore RC)

Prospects
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Manny Banuelos #BPP3
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Zack Wheeler #BPP48
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Chris Archer #BPP82
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Heath Hembree #BPP91

Gold (1:5)
2012 Bowman Platinum Gold Ubaldo Jimenez #40
2012 Bowman Platinum Gold Wilin Rosario RC #92

Emerald (1:10)
2012 Bowman Platinum Emerald Carlos Santana #41

Cutting Edge Stars (1:10)
2012 Bowman Platinum Cutting Edge Stars Mark Trumbo #CES-MT

Top Prospects (1:5)
2012 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects Manny Banuelos #TP-MB
2012 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects Taijuan Walker #TP-TJW

Prospect Chrome Refractors (1:4)
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Refractors Oscar Taveras #BPP51
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Refractors Matt Davidson #BPP96

Prospects Chrome Green Refractors (1:98)
2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Green Refractors Brett Jackson #BPP19 (286/399)

Blaster1.png

So I'm thinking that is a pretty decent blaster as is. Add this which I was lucky enough to pull and it was the best blaster I've ever had!

Autographed Prospect Gold Refractor Parallels (1:1,029)
2012 Bowman Platinum Autographed Prospect Gold Refractor Anthony Rendon #AP-AR (XX/50)

Rendon.png

Sorry for the long read! All is FT/FS!

Last edited:
Have to agree with you on the retail stuff....last year in platinum pulled a Harper redemption auto. This year...nothing so far in the Target stores on the bowman platinum and this stuff has been out for about a week now! Best regards, David

Nice hit! I'm still waiting on my big retail hit.. Best hit was a Tommy Hanson 09 Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto /500 in a retail pack but this is very nice!