Ahlan Wa Sahlan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwartzengrube

Bench Warmer
Hi All,
Been collecting since I was a tiny baby. Sort of. Well, since I was young anyway. Getting back into it after a long hiatus as my college career winds to a close.

Most of my extremely meager collection was built con-ing kids in middle- and high-school. The entire amount I've spent is half what most current boxes cost, despite my opinion that the heart of collecting is the thrill of the pull. Back then it was the thrill of a fleece. Looking back, I don't think I got the best of every trade...

My collection is around 70% Baseball, 25% Basketball and 5% Football. I like old or unique stuff, along with Detroit Sports and Michael Jordan. I also have a strange fascination with collecting Kobe stuff, despite my indifferent attitude towards him. I think it's because my first (and maybe only) significant pull was a Kobe.

I just ordered a box of 2007 Legendary Cuts and a box of 2008 A&G. I cant wait. I'll post a break if anyone cares. I'll be posting a FT/FS thread soon, as well, but don't expect anything grand.

Welcome to the Bench. Post your box breaks as everyone like to see what you got. Keep in mind that new traders are not allowed to sell till they reach 20 Bench Points.

Rich

"Most of my extremely meager collection was built con-ing kids in middle- and high-school. The entire amount I've spent is half what most current boxes cost, despite my opinion that the heart of collecting is the thrill of the pull. Back then it was the thrill of a fleece. Looking back, I don't think I got the best of every trade..."

not exactly something i'd be proud of or eager to share with people I dont know - erik

"Most of my extremely meager collection was built con-ing kids in middle- and high-school. The entire amount I've spent is half what most current boxes cost, despite my opinion that the heart of collecting is the thrill of the pull. Back then it was the thrill of a fleece. Looking back, I don't think I got the best of every trade..."

not exactly something i'd be proud of or eager to share with people I dont know - erik

Meant to be humorous, but it's lost on some people. Thanks for the warm welcome Erik.

Meant to be humorous, but it's lost on some people. Thanks for the warm welcome Erik.

I am not sure that introducing yourself to a site that is built almost entirely on trust ,as a con artist and fleecer is the best way to go. Maybe I am just jaded but I failed to catch the humor in this as well. Hopefully you will meet some great traders here and increase your collection. Best of luck. Pat

Introducing myself as someone who thought he was a card shark in middle school, but now looks back on those memories humorously is that horrible? I'm sorry, but I've become confused by these responses. I guess I should be ashamed of the trades I did when I was 12.

Introducing myself as someone who thought he was a card shark in middle school, but now looks back on those memories humorously is that horrible? I'm sorry, but I've become confused by these responses. I guess I should be ashamed of the trades I did when I was 12.

Welcome, I hope you find The Bench to be all you hoped for.

I also hope you understand what people are telling you. No one asked you to be ashamed of anything you did when you were 12. We all did things in our past that we would not do now. Difference is most people do not introduce themselves the way you did. In relationships built on trust you may not want to lead with a story that makes people not want to trust you. Humor does not translate well on the internet. And besides we do not know how old you are, for all we know that may have been recent.

Again I hope you enjoy your time here and make some wonderful trades to build your collection. Good luck

Shawn

Hi All,
Been collecting since I was a tiny baby. Sort of. Well, since I was young anyway. Getting back into it after a long hiatus as my college career winds to a close.

Most of my extremely meager collection was built con-ing kids in middle- and high-school. The entire amount I've spent is half what most current boxes cost, despite my opinion that the heart of collecting is the thrill of the pull. Back then it was the thrill of a fleece. Looking back, I don't think I got the best of every trade...

My collection is around 70% Baseball, 25% Basketball and 5% Football. I like old or unique stuff, along with Detroit Sports and Michael Jordan. I also have a strange fascination with collecting Kobe stuff, despite my indifferent attitude towards him. I think it's because my first (and maybe only) significant pull was a Kobe.

I just ordered a box of 2007 Legendary Cuts and a box of 2008 A&G. I cant wait. I'll post a break if anyone cares. I'll be posting a FT/FS thread soon, as well, but don't expect anything grand.

do you collect tigers cards i have some gu and rookies of tigers i would like to trade for eaither jeter or yankees

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online