Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgriffey0824

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I have a question about when trades go bad. What kind of help does the Bench give to memebrs when trades go bad. I saw a thread about a newbie getting ripped off by a hof'er and That is why I am asking. Do the members who get ripped off get any kind of money back if they get ripped off?

Thanks!

We do all that we can to make a trader comply with posted trades, But WE, The Bench, are not responsible to compensate you for any loss you incur.

Once a trade gets filed as a "bad trade" it goes to the Mod team. We do our best to get the case resolved so that both parties are happy. If you follow the rules of the site it's quite uncommon to get ripped off. The Bench does not compensate any trader with money.

Can you provide me a link of this thread where a person got ripped off please.

Ok, I just wondered. I feel pretty safe with the rating system that is in place on the Bench, but being new I wondered how bad trades were handled. Now that I know that it's "trade at your own risk" I will be sure to only do high dollar trades with those I have traded with in the past.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. It is appreciated.

I've never been burned in a trade.
Generally speaking, I can tell when someone is trying to mess with me.

But maybe that has something to do with being a New Yorker and constantly having street vendors try to sell me a "ginuwine Rolecks".

As an example, a newbie with zero points recently attempted to convince me several times that i was misvaluing some low end cards. This, despite the fact that I have a beckett OPG and double checked just to make sure nothing had changed. Despite informing them of the facts, they continued to insist I was off "in a generous way". Needless to say , i refused the trade offer and suggested they "have a nice day" . (thats "brooklynese" in case you need to look up the translation :) )

It's really disturbing when you see a message that a HOF'er went over to the dark side....i know the mod team here wont tolerate shenanigans, so at least you can rest assured that IF someone messes with you MODS will do everything in their power to rectify the situation and, if need be,
BAN the HOF'er, permanently.

I've never been burned in a trade.
Generally speaking, I can tell when someone is trying to mess with me.

But maybe that has something to do with being a New Yorker and constantly having street vendors try to sell me a "ginuwine Rolecks".

As an example, a newbie with zero points recently attempted to convince me several times that i was misvaluing some low end cards. This, despite the fact that I have a beckett OPG and double checked just to make sure nothing had changed. Despite informing them of the facts, they continued to insist I was off "in a generous way". Needless to say , i refused the trade offer and suggested they "have a nice day" . (thats "brooklynese" in case you need to look up the translation :) )

It's really disturbing when you see a message that a HOF'er went over to the dark side....i know the mod team here wont tolerate shenanigans, so at least you can rest assured that IF someone messes with you MODS will do everything in their power to rectify the situation and, if need be,
BAN the HOF'er, permanently.

Thanks for taking the time to assure me that I won't have to worry about getting taken. I appreciate it.

I got ripped off once, but it was only for a few dollars and the Bench did all that they could to resolve it but it just wasn't meant to be. The member eventually got banned I think. There are many great traders here and that's why I always am on the site everyday. Pretty much anything is buy or trade at own risk whether on here or ebay or anywhere when you think about it, but it's nice to know the bench goes out of their way to help resolve things.

I got ripped off once, but it was only for a few dollars and the Bench did all that they could to resolve it but it just wasn't meant to be. The member eventually got banned I think. There are many great traders here and that's why I always am on the site everyday. Pretty much anything is buy or trade at own risk whether on here or ebay or anywhere when you think about it, but it's nice to know the bench goes out of their way to help resolve things.

It's funny that I posted this today because when I got home and got the mail I got my first bad trade. Actually I would call a horrible trade. I did learn a lesson though: ask more questions, be careful trading with newbies, even though I am one, and make sure I know exactly what I am supposed to be getting in return.

Just make sure that when the trade is entered into the Trade Manager, it explicitly states what is being shipped/received.

Some of the bad trades are ones that state...

Trader X receives 10 Cardinal cards

Trader Y receives 10 Mariano Rivera cards

Listing the individual cards out curtails some bad trades.

Once a trade gets filed as a "bad trade" it goes to the Mod team. We do our best to get the case resolved so that both parties are happy. If you follow the rules of the site it's quite uncommon to get ripped off. The Bench does not compensate any trader with money.

Can you provide me a link of this thread where a person got ripped off please.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=356520

It's funny that I posted this today because when I got home and got the mail I got my first bad trade. Actually I would call a horrible trade. I did learn a lesson though: ask more questions, be careful trading with newbies, even though I am one, and make sure I know exactly what I am supposed to be getting in return.

:(

Ive got a Kerry wood GU around here somwhere.
Its probably the only kerry wood card i have LOL
Will find it for u and make it an ez trade.

Last edited:

even though you say you're a newbie...i would trade wiht you anytime...you had amazing communication...awesome trader!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online