Review U F C Champions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
U F C Champions

20 packs - 10 cards per pack
'5 Autos, Memorabilia, or Auto'd Relic Cards per Box!'

I received the following:

153 Unique base cards - 7 duplicates - 76.5% of the base set of 200

UFC Champions is printed on stiff stock. The fighter photos are glossy while the back ground is 'flat' (non glossy). The photos kind of 'pop off' of the cards - pretty cool. The lettering is slightly raised giving a unique feel to each card. The HD photography really makes the card - muscles, tats, facial expressions, hair, everything is super sharp -- well done! The weight class is also featured on the front of the card.

The reverse of the base card has a write up of the fighter's career and even each one's Twitter handle (pretty cool!)

INSERTS

Black and Blue Parallels
(probably apropos for the sport!)

Black #ed to 188 -- rec'd 7
Blue #ed to 88 -- rec'd 4

The cards are numbered on the reverse in gold foil.

Gold Parallel

CB Dollaway #ed to 25

** On the reverse - is a registration # - If CB Dollaway is UFC Middleweight Champion on 12/31/14 - the person who registers this card will be in a drawing to receive a replica UFC Championship Belt! ** Very cool 'twist'

Octagon Greatest and Fight Night Highlights

img093_zps34b5a35b.jpg

Octagon Greatest - 7x
Fight Night Highlights - 7x

Relics / Memorabilia

Jon Jones - mat relic
Joseph Benavidez - fighter worn relic #ed to 25 -- 2 color
Luke Rockhold - Pink - fighter worn relic -- #ed to 8

Autos

Stipe Miocic
Soa Palelei - fighter worn relic/auto (2 color)- Pink - #ed to 8

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

UFC Champions has something for every fight fan - men and women are featured on the cards. There are parallels to chase - black, blue and pink. Relics and autos are there as well. One should be able to have a very good handle on a base set with 2 boxes and have enough for trading for that elusive card.

The autos are both sticker autos and they should be on this issue. I like the Octagon Greatness insert - these fellers look highly intimidating and I really don't want to ever get on any of their 'bad sides!'

The other cool aspect is the Twitter handle on each card. Now whether each fighter actually sends/updates their Twitter feed - that's another story, but it is great that each has a Twitter account.

Overall grade A+ seems to be a good value - with 5 hits per box!

Go buy several boxes and see how many PINK parallels you get!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane....not sure if he is in the set or not but get any Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson cards?

No Mauler - how about the Jones matt relic?

Duane

Thanks Duane but a friend of mine actually pulled that Jones card and gave it to me already:) His box was pretty good but yours had better big hits, cool looking set I think.