Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to nixoncollector's ebay items

i just want to know what it really takes to be a "sc" i posted my Trot Nixon collection i have over 200 base cards (21%) and 31 different gu/autos 39 if ount doubles i have a 8x10 photo autographed and a baseball autographed i just got a bobble head i have 3 more autos coming soon including a 1/1 (my first for him) i thought that having that many cards of him would get me the title as trot nixon super collector since i didnt see others with that much stuff of his. Im from maine and its hard finding his cards but this site has helped alot in 1 year and 1 month i went from 3 base cards to what i have now with help with card shops and shows

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by pac_rat_76 View Post
    Very true, but I still think it has something to do with how much you are capable of spending. I understand where you are coming from on the base cards, but I think a lot of this is based on game used/autos/and other higher dollar items that the person may have of that player.

Ebay costs money, trades cost money, buying packs costs money, having trade bait costs money! It is only my opinion, but I think you are eliminating some truly great player collectors only because they don't have the financial resources to be considered a "Super Collector".
    It's true that this hobby costs money but here is an example for you. I collect Negro League cards from any player. So far that list is up to 108 players of which I have acquired 395 cards--I have only bought 50 of those cards(2 sets from Ebay). All the rest came from trades or freebies people sent out.

I also think that people are passing judgement a bit early. Only three SC's have been announced so far. I'm kind of spreading out the announcements due to my time and the voting process. I think you'll see a decent range of collections that make it to SC.

Plus, it's not like we can run obtain financial records to see what people can or can't opend on cards
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by weegee View Post
    i just want to know what it really takes to be a "sc" i posted my Trot Nixon collection i have over 200 base cards (21%) and 31 different gu/autos 39 if ount doubles i have a 8x10 photo autographed and a baseball autographed i just got a bobble head i have 3 more autos coming soon including a 1/1 (my first for him) i thought that having that many cards of him would get me the title as trot nixon super collector since i didnt see others with that much stuff of his. Im from maine and its hard finding his cards but this site has helped alot in 1 year and 1 month i went from 3 base cards to what i have now with help with card shops and shows
    One thing is we don't compare your collection to other Nixon collector's, we judge each collection on it's own merits. If you'll look in the General Talk forum and read the posts for the three SC's you can see some highlights from their collections. You have a very good collection but you may see some differences between yours and theirs.
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to Haster_CT's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
    Although I will not qualify on this site because I havent done many trades(I've picked up the pace a little and have a few in the works) I consider myself a super collector and all I collect is cards. I believe you can be a super collector even if all you collect are cards. I recently won the player collectors contest on the beckett boards(21 and over) with this entry-auto's etc. Enjoy and I'll be entering as soon as I'm eligible.
    Now that's impressive...

Matt
    Doing light trading!
    Looking specifically for 2006 Upper Deck Base Starter lots.

NAME THE BABY CONTEST IS OVER!! THE WINNING ENTRY WAS LAUREN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO CDAHLK2001 FOR THE NAME!!!]

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Mike Schmidt

Go to Hoosier_Buddy's ebay items

I think someone mentioned making the SuperCollectors stand out a little more from the current HOF bold status. What about changing the font color for the SC's? Make the SC members red, or blue or something. Just a thought.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sammy Sosa

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post
    I think someone mentioned making the SuperCollectors stand out a little more from the current HOF bold status. What about changing the font color for the SC's? Make the SC members red, or blue or something. Just a thought.
    I agree. Just scrolling through the list of player collectors it is hard to see who is a super collector. Users who have all caps in their username look like supercollectors. Maybe a separate list at the end of the supercollectors and who they collect.
    Sammy Sosa collection: 2365/7572 31.23%
    AU: 17 GU: 171

My wantlist

Please notify me if trade arrives postage due.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hlrzr32's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post
    I think I like that idea.

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Now THAT'S a Super Collector. Thanks for sharing it mrmopar.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    That is an exceptional collection. I am especially jealous of the 92 Elite Signature card, one I have wanted for a long time and have still not found at "my price". I have all of the other special Elite cards from that era (91-93) except Cal!

I assume you don't have a site to display those. Check this one out http://www.gracecollector.com/, as your collection would look superior displayed this way or in a similar fashion. I wish I had the technical "know how" to do one like it myself.
    Topps Regular Base set builder. Currently working on 1969-1972.

http://www.freewebs.com/dalberov/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

you guys will be getting my application for my ernie banks collection tonight when i get home. thanks
    if there is a problem with anything i send you please contact me before giving me a bad rating to allow me to fix it. i am honest and easy to work with and if i make a mistake i will be happy to fix it

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to rmatlack3's ebay items

Kind of an off the wall question. If I submit a collection and it gets turned down is there any way to find out how close it came to qualifying? If so I might have a better idea of when to resubmit it rather than wasting everyone's time by resubmitting a collection that is way out of contention.
    Jon Matlack - 108/114 of Beckett's list - 94%.

Texas Rangers card blog - http://rangerscards.blogspot.com/

I will send in a white envelope with toploader if sending one or two moderately priced cards. You can do the same with me. I can't afford the postage to send every single time in a bubble mailer. Thanks.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Kind of an off the wall question. If I submit a collection and it gets turned down is there any way to find out how close it came to qualifying? If so I might have a better idea of when to resubmit it rather than wasting everyone's time by resubmitting a collection that is way out of contention.

We are not using set standards for voting because there are so many variables in player collecting. What I would recommend to anyone who got turned down is to look at some of the collections that were accepted and compare. If you have a smaller percentage of total cards, then try and raise it some. If you do not have many GU, then try to add some more. Same things with autos, etc. Also, to anyone turning these applications in, make sure you have a wantlist or havelist. You will not be considered without one.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Whitehurst

I Have Every Whitehurst Card That Has Come Out So Far
    Over 50 Diffrent Autos/game Used
    Over 50 Diffrent Rookie Cards Includeing Paralels
    Does That Count?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Greg Maddux

Quote Originally Posted by jdalton32 View Post
    I Have Every Whitehurst Card That Has Come Out So Far
    Over 50 Diffrent Autos/game Used
    Over 50 Diffrent Rookie Cards Includeing Paralels
    Does That Count?
    From The first post in this Thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliah
    Since this is a trade tool you need to have an up-to-date want or have list of the player, must have 20 completed trades and a 5.0 Trader Rating!
    Maddux Numbers: 3618/10942 different Beckett Recognized cards33.6%GU-480 AU-28 1/1 - 39
    Maddux Master Needlist - Need anything listed

GU FT
    If you have Greg Maddux Topps Moments and Milestones FT, PLMK still need a bunch from 07 and 08 Base, Black, and Blue, and of course Red.

BSL Chicago Cubs Owner

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Barry Bonds

Go to nutter025's ebay items

Suggestion for distinguishing the supercollectors... how about just adding the title above the avatar and below the name... example, mine would be:

ragtop12
    H.O.F.
    Barry Bonds Supercollector (or Barry Bonds SC) or somehting like that
    Then my picture of the avatar

Just a suggestion.
    Obed
    Please excuse delays in shipping. I do mail at least 1-2 times per week. So please be patient; you will get your cards!

Trading ONLY for Pirates autos I need, any/all Forrest Griffin cards, 2010 Topps and 2010 Topps Heritage (for son's 1st sets!), Nicer Steelers cards (GU/AU/Ref/etc.), all Troy Polamalu, and Dean Palmer I need

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to rmatlack3's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
    We are not using set standards for voting because there are so many variables in player collecting. What I would recommend to anyone who got turned down is to look at some of the collections that were accepted and compare. If you have a smaller percentage of total cards, then try and raise it some. If you do not have many GU, then try to add some more. Same things with autos, etc. Also, to anyone turning these applications in, make sure you have a wantlist or havelist. You will not be considered without one.
    Ok, sound advice. I am not sure I was clear in my question. Will we be able to get a vote percentage or count like in MLB HOF voting? If I missed by one vote and added 25 cards I might try again the next month. If I missed by all but one vote I would probably wait close to a year and try to significantly improve my numbers before resubmitting.
    Jon Matlack - 108/114 of Beckett's list - 94%.

Texas Rangers card blog - http://rangerscards.blogspot.com/

I will send in a white envelope with toploader if sending one or two moderately priced cards. You can do the same with me. I can't afford the postage to send every single time in a bubble mailer. Thanks.