2011 bowman, how much did you buy and what are you doing with your boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I bought 3 boxes so far and i might buy a few more. After prebuying bowman chrome last year and then watching the price drop 40 bucks i was a little nervous but i jumped into it again. the price was the same price i got it at last year and had a decent break so i tried it again.

I havnt decided what do do with them yet. i might break them all and put the harpers and other hot cards right on ebay and sit on the rest of the cards. a presell lot of 10 byrce harper bowman chrome cards just got 550. which seems a little ridiculous since his bowman chrome card from last year barely goes for that. or i might sit on them and wait for harper to get called up and sell the unopened boxes.

EDIT- after checking ebay i may just open them and put any harpers on ebay. the harpers are going for 70-100 which im assuming has alot to do with product hype so i may open them to capitalize on the hype. one harper and the whole box is payed for.

what are you doing with your boxes?

i bought a case, will do my usual master set, get all the paul goldschmidts i can, and get rid of the rest--hopefully will get some extra harpers, to pay for my case

The Harpers are not hot because of Bowman presell hype....they are hot because there is not a PLAYER hotter than he right now....at any level.

Tim

i bought a case of blasters today as well. the price went up to 340(thats what i get for taking the time to make my mind up) but the extra 20 bucks is better then spending over 300 and regretting it, at least i have peace of mind. the blasters are already going for 25 on ebay and should go up i would think. so im going to hold the blasters to see if the prices approaches the 40 that the 2010 blasters still sell at. in the meantime im going to open my 3 boxes when they get in. if the blasters keep going up in price then they could pay for me entire purchase and everything from the boxes is free.

I bit the bullet and bought 2 casses of Jumbo and 6 boxes of Hobby regular. Looking to open a few, sell a few now and sell some later. Anyone needs any let me know.

I bit the bullet and bought 2 casses of Jumbo and 6 boxes of Hobby regular. Looking to open a few, sell a few now and sell some later. Anyone needs any let me know.

i wish i had the money to buy jumbos. next year maybe ill save and have enough to buy some cases but then again the chances of having someone to drive prices like stras and harper probably wont happen next year. im happy with what i have though. 3 boxes to open and the 16 blasters to sell when the price is right.

Well guys 4 Jumbo Cases sold today on Ebay for $1495 Shipped. Thats $187 per Box, now it will get crazy.

everythings starting to creep up now. the last few hobby boxes all got 80 plus and the last few blasters have been around 25. not huge increases yet but they are on the rise.

my excitment is starting to boil over now that blasters and rack packs are out and people are starting to post breaks and pull good stuff. right now my plan is to open my 3 hobby boxes and sell the blasters when supply runs out(which at the rate it appears people are buying them it undoubtedly will). i just hope my good sense can win out over my eagerness to break the blasters as well lol.

You must not have seen the guy that opened 17 blasters and some amount of rack packs and didn't get a single Harper chrome. Although maybe you did and are assuming the Harper chromes are in your blasters...

Topps should have loaded one blaster with nothing but Harper chromes. Every pack just HarperHarperHarper. Someone's head would explode.

You must not have seen the guy that opened 17 blasters and some amount of rack packs and didn't get a single Harper chrome. Although maybe you did and are assuming the Harper chromes are in your blasters...

i hope they arnt in my blasters because i plan to sell mine lol. ill open the 3 hobby boxes and sell the blasters when the price spikes

* UPDATE *

Last 3 Jumbo's on Ebay went for $1560 Delivered, $195 per box.

I have also now purchased 2 Cases of Retail 24ct pack boxes.