A year back to the hobby and I'm still dumb - questions galore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
What the heck happened to "rookie card" designations while I was in my cave? I sometimes laugh at how ridiculous we are with valuing a card just because it is a player's "rookie" card, but there's no denying it can have a major impact on resale value. I swear some players have three years' worth of cards that are considered rookie cards now. I'm interested in doing a little prospecting, but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what is considered the most sought after issues of a player.

What is the difference between Bowman Chrome Prospects and Bowman Chrome Draft?

Why does Bowman Chrome seem to have such strong value to it while others fail?

Is it fair to say that a player's first Bowman Chrome card is often their most sought after?

What are some specific non-1/1 inserts/parallels/autos that people go crazy for?

Thanks, guys!

What is the difference between Bowman Chrome Prospects and Bowman Chrome Draft?

Why does Bowman Chrome seem to have such strong value to it while others fail?

Is it fair to say that a player's first Bowman Chrome card is often their most sought after?

What are some specific non-1/1 inserts/parallels/autos that people go crazy for?

Thanks, guys!

1. Bowman Chrome Prospects come from the Bowman Baseball Release and the Bowman Chrome Baseball Release. Bowman Chrome Draft comes from the Bowman Draft Release. So its basically three releases of the same type of card although Bowman and Bowman Draft are not only Chrome

2. Bowman Chrome Cards (Includes Draft) are always the most sought after for Prospects

3. Colored Refractors (Particularly Red, Orange, and Gold) are particularly high value for prospects. Even base AUs can soar if the prospect becomes a big name (a la Mike Trout. When 2009 Draft was first released, you could pick up his AU for under $20. Now they are around $60+. Others that come to mind are Heyward, Teheran, Freeman, etc.)