Anyone with a 2010 National Chicle jersey I have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otgoal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have an Albert Pujols 2010 Topps National Chicle jerey card (Bazooka back, numbered to 99) and the opening around the jersey (where the "C" is) looks as if it's meant to have an "aged" look...but I don't know if the card is meant to look that way of if my card is dis-colored.

It seems that other ones I see on Ebay are also that way, as if the set was made to have an antiqued look, but I wonder if anyone else has a jersey card from that set so I can confirm it.

Thanks. I can post a scan if need be.

Is it a yellowish look? If so, I have one that was the same way. Out of curiosity, I gently rubbed a very lightly damp on it, and it came off some. I think maybe it is glue residue or something.

By no means am I recommending you try this, as you could probably ruin the card, but I think it is an unintentional quality control issue.

all my GU pulls from that set were like that. I would leave it on there.
PUJOLSALBERT7.jpg
PUJOLSALBERT7BACK.jpg

MUNSONTHURMAN.jpg
CANOROBINSON1.jpg

Last edited:
Is it a yellowish look? If so, I have one that was the same way. Out of curiosity, I gently rubbed a very lightly damp on it, and it came off some. I think maybe it is glue residue or something.

By no means am I recommending you try this, as you could probably ruin the card, but I think it is an unintentional quality control issue.

I was wondering what would happen, thanks for the info!

all my GU pulls from that set were like that. I would leave it on there.

Bongo, those photos look just like mine. I suppose everyone's probably are that way. Thanks for the help.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online