beckett price guide vs online price guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankbait09

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
when you compare the Beckett price guide to the Beckett online guide, does the online guide carry card pricing for pre-2015 cards? I know the paper guide doesn't go back any further than that.

then to add to that, where is everyone getting their card values if not Beckett?

Last edited:
The guide I use is called Beckett Vintage (or Beckett Vintage Collector?) and it comes out quarterly. It gives card values for the 4 major sports from 1979 and older (79-80 in basketball and hockey).

I'm certain the online Beckett lists cards from 2015 and back because several members have gotten vintage values for me in the Price Guide Room and they have Beckett Online.

Outside of that where you would get values for raw cards from 1980-2014 is a mystery to me if Becket's monthly has dropped cards from pre 2015. A lot of people I know ancelled their subscription to Beckett's Baseball Monthl when they dropped 1980-1999. Now Beckett's has dropped another 15 years? wow!

You can also use the annual Beckett Almanac which is about the size of a phone book (if anyone still remembers those). It is especially useful for older cards whose values do not change quickly.

The online price guide has values for everything all the way back to the early 1900's.

You can also use the annual Beckett Almanac which is about the size of a phone book (if anyone still remembers those). It is especially useful for older cards whose values do not change quickly.

I love the annual Beckett and Beckett almanac. Most of my cards are from 1995-2010 (some a bit older, some a bit newer). The large annual Becketts are my best option. Try your local library before buying. I was pleasantly surprised that I could request them from my local library system. Now I borrow the big Becketts for a few weeks at a time without having to buy them. It may not make sense for most of us to buy a Beckett almanac for $49.95, only for it to become mostly obsolete a year later. Keep in mind of course that Beckett almanac prices only are updated once a year since the almanac gets published every summer (the 2023 edition recently became available).