Best way to find cards for your obscure player collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I collect taylor coppenrath a former UVM player(syracuse fans know who this guy is) and because he doesnt play in the nba he doesnt have many cards and his cards arnt in high demand. His only cards are in 2005 press pass and are tough to find.

for people that collect obscure players or who think they can help here is where im at. i have such a hard time finding his cards. i check all the big sites regulary(ebay, comc, here, the bench) as well as a obscure sites (webstore and a few others i cant remember) and ive hit a roadblock. some of the great members here have helped me out and were willing to search there commons boxes for them and sell them to me very cheap. but i think ive gotten almost all the ones here.

is there any other ways or sites im missing that you guys use to find cards of your player? im lucky if i can find a card ever 1-2 months to ad. any advice on how you guys would go about this would be appreciated.

Found these listed on Sportlots

2005 Press Pass Autos #TC Taylor Coppenrath 1 $4.00
2005 Press Pass Base Set #6 Taylor Coppenrath 12 $0.18
2005 Press Pass Blue #6 Taylor Coppenrath 2 $0.35
2005 Press Pass Gold #6 Taylor Coppenrath 6 $0.18
2005 Press Pass Old School #2 Taylor Coppenrath 9 $0.18

The Beckett marketplace is sometimes a good option for base and inserts of obscure players. The same Coppenrath cards that Sportslots has are listed there in addition to a couple of Silver/200 Autographs. The prices aren't the best sometimes but it's there if there's a card you really want.

The Beckett marketplace is sometimes a good option for base and inserts of obscure players. The same Coppenrath cards that Sportslots has are listed there in addition to a couple of Silver/200 Autographs. The prices aren't the best sometimes but it's there if there's a card you really want.

thank you for the heads up. i didnt even realize beckett had a marketplace. shows how much ive used it since they ruined the old beckett message board lol. the autos are outrageously priced. i love coppenrath cards but most auto can be had on ebay when they pop up for 1-2 bucks plus shipping not 9 lol. thanks for the lead though i really appreciate it. they have some reasonably priced stuff i might have to grab later.

Dig and dig some more :)

haha yea it seems that way. ive been at it for about 4-5 years and i have maybe dozen cards.

but thanks to dragonslayer i do have 20 that im in the process of buying from sportlots for under 10 bucks total as well as another one that i have an offer on. thank you for that!

haha yea it seems that way. ive been at it for about 4-5 years and i have maybe dozen cards.

but thanks to dragonslayer i do have 20 that im in the process of buying from sportlots for under 10 bucks total as well as another one that i have an offer on. thank you for that!

:) Yes, at some point stuff just dries up. I need a few Bucky Jacobsen cards and cannot find more than 1-2 a year now from my wants.

:) Yes, at some point stuff just dries up. I need a few Bucky Jacobsen cards and cannot find more than 1-2 a year now from my wants.

to be honest i dont know how many coppenrath cards are out there either. I mean i know he only has like maybe 10 produced cards if that many. But I dont know the print run of them so im not sure how many are out there. I may have half his cards ever produced and be chasing nothing lol

This is what beckett.com lists:

2005 Press Pass Holo Gold #6 Taylor Coppenrath SN 100
2005 Press Pass Holo Green #6 Taylor Coppenrath SN 500
2005 Press Pass Autographs #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU
2005 Press Pass Autographs Blue #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 50 2005 Press Pass Autographs Gold #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 100
2005 Press Pass Autographs Silver #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 200
2005 Press Pass Old School #2 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass #6 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass Blue #6 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass Gold #6 Taylor Coppenrath

I don't have the prices for you though, as I don't subscribe to that price guide. Pat

This is what beckett.com lists:

2005 Press Pass Holo Gold #6 Taylor Coppenrath SN 100
2005 Press Pass Holo Green #6 Taylor Coppenrath SN 500
2005 Press Pass Autographs #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU
2005 Press Pass Autographs Blue #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 50 2005 Press Pass Autographs Gold #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 100
2005 Press Pass Autographs Silver #TC Taylor Coppenrath AU SN 200
2005 Press Pass Old School #2 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass #6 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass Blue #6 Taylor Coppenrath
2005 Press Pass Gold #6 Taylor Coppenrath

I don't have the prices for you though, as I don't subscribe to that price guide. Pat

thank you im honestly suprised he has that many cards.