Completed 1968 Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravesfansunite

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
This is the second vintage set I have completed. An EX-MT condition set of 1968 Topps!

This set took me just under 5 years to complete, but now it is finished!

Congratulations! What was the final card to finish it?
I love the feeling of finally completing a set, especially vintage!

Scott

congrats!!!!!!!
Are you going to start working on another set? what is the other set you completed?

What a nice accomplishment. It takes alot of patience and time, especially in the condition you put together. I have a 1960 set that is all beat up creases and written on but it is complete :) it took about as long.

congrats again

congrats!!!!!!!
Are you going to start working on another set? what is the other set you completed?

Yes, I'm working on many vintage sets, but the next one I'm putting full concentration into will be 1957 Topps.

The other set that I finshed was 1971 Topps, in NR-MT condition.

Man, that is great, good to hear! I still need 110, 177, 250, 280, and 490...............Those are the toughies to find in decent shape and not pay an arm and a leg for..................Time to celebrate!

That's awesome. Congrats on finishing that up. And WOW!! A Near Mint 1971 set must have been fun, challenging, and expensive. Nice job. And good luck with the 1957 set, that's a beautiful set.

I hope to one day finish all of those as well. The only pre-1980 set I have completed is 1979 Topps. haha But I am getting close on all from 1974-1978, and I have a nice dent in my 1955 set. My problem is I don't stick to just one, I jump around all over between 1952-1978.

Tom

1971 near mint set must of been tough its hard to find a 71 topps card in decent shape because of the black borders

1971 near mint set must of been tough its hard to find a 71 topps card in decent shape because of the black borders

It was very tough. I remember having the hardest time finding the 1971 Topps Frank Linzy card in that condition. It was the last card I put into that set and yes, I spent some cash to do it. But patience, a bit of money and a lot of effort went into it and I was very proud of it.

I'm doubly proud of it because when I got about 1/3rd of the way through the set, some joker on one of the trade forums told me I'd never complete the set in NR-MT condition. It made me want to finish it even more. I proved him wrong in the end.

The same goes for my 1994 Stadium Club First Day Issue set. I'm very proud of that one too. I only know one other person who has ever finished that set besides me.

The 1957 set is probably the most beautiful set in my opinion. I love the style and I've wanted to put it together for years. I'll probably only collect it in EX or better condition, but it will still be nice once it's done. It's on my 5 year plan now.

An outstanding accomplishment. I am getting pretty close on a couple of my vintage sets. I only need the Schmidt rookie for my 1973 set and then I will be complete from 1973-2010. The 1972 Topps high numbers are proving to be very expensive.

Good luck!!

bryon