Cooperstown Trip!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
The wife and I are heading up to Cooperstown on Monday for a few days of R&R. Curious to hear from you that have been there and about your experiences and what you favorite part was. Also, if you went to any of the card shops, which was the best in your opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

i live about 2 hours away so i go at least once a year with my dad we dont actually go to the HOF or the museum anymore we just go to the shops my advice go in any store unless i think thers one clothing store and one book store on the same block as the museum and its one store away from the corner but even the other book stores go in i bought a vlad minor league card for like $1 you can find cards anywhere up there good luck

Hi there,

Most of the shops are a little pricey card wise... the kind of got u right there. Some great stuff though. The best shop down there is Yastrzemski Sports. Its prices are just about the same as most regualr card shops and they have everything... The Hall itself is amazing. I go 3-4 times a year. Enjoy it... if u have any Questions I can help w/... feel free to pm me.

Adam

I went a few summers ago with my family. It is an unbelievable experience! I think the coolest part is the Honus Wagner tobacco card!

Hi there,

Most of the shops are a little pricey card wise... the kind of got u right there. Some great stuff though. The best shop down there is Yastrzemski Sports. Its prices are just about the same as most regualr card shops and they have everything... The Hall itself is amazing. I go 3-4 times a year. Enjoy it... if u have any Questions I can help w/... feel free to pm me.

Adam

Do they change exhibits ? Like here in DC the air and space museum is always changing stuff.

I have yet to visit that place but may have to make some plans within 2-3 years due to vision issues. Can anyone here tell me if the museum is well-lit or quite dim? Spacious or crowded?

EDIT: Where are my manners? Have a fantastic time there! :)

My favorite time to go is in the fall. Crowds aren't as big and the foliage along Otsego Lake is really awesome to look at as you're driving.

Alot of the shops close during the winter months and not sure when they open for the season. Called up Yastrzemski Sports on Monday because I wanted to pick up a few supplies and got the answering machine,but that shop is the best one in town. The Coaches Sports Corner across the hallway from there is also decent for single cards but their pack and box selection is limited.

Have a good time Billy.

Brett

Do they change exhibits ? Like here in DC the air and space museum is always changing stuff.

They do change up the exhibits... not sure how often. Obviously, the plaque room changes once a year w/ new inductees. I went a week after the season ended last year and they already had the bat from Longoria that he used to hit walkoff HR to send Rays to playoffs. That was cool. The cards they have there are absolutely amazing.

Adam

I went a few years back and had a blast, but due to time restraints I only spent a day there. I did not get to see what I would have liked to have seen. Bring lots of cash I spent lots of money there :). Its a chance of a lifetime I recommend taking your time and not rushing through any exhibit. You are going to enjoy it. I am jealous!

No problem Billy. I'm an hour from Cooperstown (Syracuse area)... if u have any other questions or anything u think I could help with, just let me know. Enjoy ur trip!!

Adam

Ditto. I'm about 35-40 minutes away and have been a member of the HOF for the past couple of years and going there is a great time.

Last time I was there they had free copies of the SMR magazine (PSA price guide) so make sure to grab one if you see em. They were on the left side next to the customer service desk as soon as you get your ticket and pass into the lobby.

Have a great trip! You're going to have a really nice time. Any baseball fan will love it there.

I have great memories of the HOF and Cooperstown in general. Especially on induction day. The players are so accessible on induction weekend. I've met many stars throughout the years.

My wife and I got married in Cooperstown at the Otesaga almost 6 years ago. The mayor (who served as our J.P.) gave us tickets to the Hall of Fame game which was a few weeks later and we got to sit next to the director of the HOF.

I can't say much for the card shops. You probably won't find much there that you can't find in your local shop. There is one store that I like but can't remember the name and it may be seasonal as well. They have lots of old memorabilia like gloves and bats. They also have a nice selection of black and white prints.

Enjoy your time!

Theres a burger place that is in a trailer type restaurant. they have the best 1 lbs burgers and would reccomend going. btw its a lot of fun everywhere you go!

Thanks again everyone. We'll be up there for 3 days, so I should be able to see all the exhibits and everything in the local area. I'll take lots of photos and post them when I gt a chance.