Greetings from LI by way of NYC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronHorse2130

Bench Warmer
Hi, I am from Long Island but I will always be a New York City boy at heart. I have been collecting cards since 1973, with periodic breaks in between like when you get bored with it when you're in high school and/or when you go off to college.

I like building base sets so my first proposed trade will probably be just what I need for the 2012 Topps base set. Once I get around to posting it. With a toddler running around I have very little time to myself. I collect mostly baseball and I was huge into hockey in the early 90's but I haven't bought any hockey cards in a while.

The 1973 Topps BB set is my favorite and I am about 40 or so cards (mostly the high numbers, of course) away from completing it. My favorite players to collect are Tom Seaver, Don Mattingly and Derek Jeter. Oh and I am a huge Lou Gehrig fan (betcha couldn't tell) as well as a Yankee fan...but I'm not that arrogant about it!

I actually worked for Topps as a writer for a short period of time in 2002-03, so if you find any errors on any cards from that period it wasn't me! I wrote the Ruddy Lugo Heritage Card from 2003, which was cool because I was at the H.S. playoff game he was pitching, when he was drafted by the Brewers in June of 1999! So I had some great info on the back of that card.

Look forward to trading with you guys. Like I said once I find the time to get my cards and act together!

Tom