How to sell $1 cards and make money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I collected during the 90's and have over 5,000 inserts, parallels, and RCs. Unfortunately they are mostly lower end like Score, Collector's Choice, etc. and not serial numbered. In other words, I might be able to get a buck each for a lot of these cards at most. I want to sell them and use the profit to buy cards I really want. But what's the best way? I would appreciate any experienced advice. Here are some inexperienced perceptions I have of the following:

Ebay

Pros - high traffic, impulse buys, can make money off "handling" fees
Cons - fees, effort to list, big mailday if do auctions all ending on same day

COMC

Pros - they take care of the scanning, listing, shipping ... just about everything
Cons - would I want to only send them cards that they don't already have a lot of in inventory? how profitable are they?

Sportlots

Pros - Just list 'em once, must be cheap fees?
Cons - same inventory issues as COMC, would i have to list cards super low just to have a chance at selling them?

Honestly,

It's best to put in .05/.10/.25 bins and do flea markets

COMC is the easiest, but understand that when you want to cash out it is pretty hefty 20 9r 30% (you or someone can verify that)...it's also .01 carrying cost per month PER Card, so if it doesn't sell it can cost you long term.

Sportslot ...sucks

Good luck
----
Actually, nix what I said about COMC...pretty expensive if you ask me!

Here is their fee chart: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/fees.aspx

If you have something of "value" then try ebay when they give you 100 free listings, do them in groups, etc.