Making a trade list tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyGiantFan56

Prospect
Hey all,

After seeing trade sites for many of you,
I wanted to ask how to list cards effectively?

Do I merely make stacks and enter them into
a spreadsheet one at a time or do I use
a service like Beckett online to list everything?

Is this personal preference?

Thanks,
Mike

Keep in mind the collector you are targeting. The majority of collectors are player collectors, next come specific insert/auto collectors, some team interest collectors, and probably last is set builders. Player collectors can always search though word-string by name as to a certain number of insert collectors (i.e. "Gold", "Auto"), and team collectors can too if you add team name to the item description. Set collectors will need to have things chronological as well as card number, this last is very important (not just for set builders) as there are not only many cards within some sets that feature a player, but set collectors will not often know that say card #24 is Griffey and simply having 1996 Finest Griffey won't define it enough for any collector.

I'm planning to start with my binders and then look
at my boxes to see what interesting stuff I have.

So player collectors primarily? I'll see what's
popular around here and try to target them.

I pretty much use the Beckett description with a book value price. That is what I would want to see as I have primarily bought and sold cards.