Need some advice guys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copeskey45

Veteran
4.80 star(s)
Hey guys, a friend of mine is starting to get into card collecting and he is trying to decide which boxes he should buy. He told me he only wants to spend around $150 or so. I told him to go with 2011 Bowman Platinum and a box of either 2010 Topps Chrome or 2011 Topps Chrome. What do you guys suggest?

I would have him stay away from boxes and start collecting complete sets. But that is only my opinion, but the choices you made for boxes are a good start if he likes collecting rookies and prospects.

I would do Bowman Platinum and Chrome 11 as you said, Ive but a couple blasters and loved them both although Ive read mixed reviews about them, once again advice him that even if he buys boxes he probably wont get the big hit so that he doesnt get disappointed, maybe he ought to go for some player or set collecting.

The only reason he really wants to get 2010 Topps Chrome is he wants to try to get the Strasburg auto and the Castro auto. He likes the Bowman Platinum because he wants a Bryce Harper certified lol. I told him that they are kinda hard to get and he said "I don't care lol. I just wanna bust some boxes!" :D