New to TTM/Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undftd1981

Bench Warmer
I just picked up TTM this month and I've had a few successes. I could use some advice though. I send the card in a semi-rigid card loader and place a note along with a sase in the envelope. My concern is I havent had an overwhelming response in returns. I've sent out roughly 60 and recieved 6 back successfully and 1 RTS. I know I should be patient as it's only been a few weeks but any pointers would be appreciated.
Also if anyone has any former Yankees adresses they wouldn't mind passing along I'd be very appreciative as well.

i would research who you are gonna send to..I mean sometimes it is worth the gamble for a long shot but without the proper research, you can waste a ton of stamps!! There are plenty of sites out there that can help give you a feel of someone's signing habits. And of course, patience is key.

Patience is key. Over time you will get some big names as they will surprise you. But research first and then just sit back and wait.

Good luck and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me and there are many others on this site who will help you too.

Welcome to The Bench and the TTM neighborhood! :)

Welcome to the addictive hobby of autograph collecting. As others have said, be patient. The returns will come. Also, I personally do not send my cards in rigid holders or even penny sleeves. Too many players will sign those instead of signing the card. Plus you are asking for more of their time to take the card out, sign it, and put it back in. It may not sound like much but if the player is averaging 100 or more requests a month, that time adds up. Also if you are sending to retired players, they may have arthritic hands that makes it difficult to do that.

If you are going to collect one time (Yankees) I would suggest that you spend $15 and become member of www.sportscollectors.net (SCN). This is a great website with lots of up to date addresses and will give you a great idea of who signs and how long it takes for returns to come back. Good luck with your collection.

If you are going to collect one time (Yankees) I would suggest that you spend $15 and become member of www.sportscollectors.net (SCN). This is a great website with lots of up to date addresses and will give you a great idea of who signs and how long it takes for returns to come back.

I would also suggest just signing up for the FREE sportscollectors.net account since it gives you the last 2 weeks of successes for each sport and most people post the full address. I have always used the free account and have gotten some great returns!

And as most people have said, have patience! Good luck!

easy yankees to do are Rick Cerone and Steve Balboni they only do 1 at a time but almost always you will get a return from them