New to TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTheBrown

Prospect
Sorry If this is the wrong section but I have been reading some post from the autograph section and I want to give this TTM thing a try.

First what does TTM mean? (noob question)

So basically what i need is
- A large envelop
- A smaller SASE envelope
- Index card with a polite and brief letter asking for the auto
- Item i would like auto'd (cheap card)
- stamps for both envelopes
- Player address

From what i have read its common to use the self adhesive envelopes

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help,
-Nick

Ttm - through the mail
Nick, sounds as if you have everything you need to get started. I use the same envelope size for both, but I fold the return envelope in half, and I tape the envelope out to the player. I include a question sheet to the player, to answer. Older retired player usually always answer the questions and I find it neat to hear their views. One I ask a lot is " who was your favorite player growing up, and did you ever meet him". I have literally had over 1000 successes, maybe even more, it is very addicting and fun. It's like Christmas when you get the mail. Spring training successes have been disappointing the last few years, so if you go,that route good luck to you. Happy collecting.

Nick it looks like you have a good grasp of it. Start sending some requests out. WARNING: It is VERY addictive.
Feel free to write longer letters to retired players, I've found player of 60 or so really enjoy hearing about you and tend to have more time to read and maybe even respond to your letter.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm putting a small list of guys to try and i see there is place to post results so i'll put up what happens. I can't wait to start. I also saw that some people make custom cards, that might be kind of fun to try

I'm a Yankee fan and I sent 15 TTM with all the shine and never received anything back but I'm still a Yankee fan.

Sorry If this is the wrong section but I have been reading some post from the autograph section and I want to give this TTM thing a try.

First what does TTM mean? (noob question)

So basically what i need is
- A large envelop
- A smaller SASE envelope
- Index card with a polite and brief letter asking for the auto
- Item i would like auto'd (cheap card)
- stamps for both envelopes
- Player address

From what i have read its common to use the self adhesive envelopes

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help,
-Nick

I'm a Yankee fan and I sent 15 TTM with all the shine and never received anything back but I'm still a Yankee fan.

Not many current Yankees sign, biggest name Ive gottwn back in recent years i David Robertson. Then again I never haf luck with Rivera

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online