Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about these three today:

Brant Brown (I swore I saw an address somewhere, but forgot it)
John ericks
Todd Van Poppel

I have no luck with any of these anymore. I do have an extra Van Poppel though if you cant locate him. I still have requests out to Brown and Ericks, no luck though

Jim, I just sent out something to John Grimsley on the 21st so I don't know if it's good. If you want to wait until I get a response I will PM with a yes or no. If you just want to try yourself, here it is.

John Grimsley P.O. Box 16388 Sugar Land, TX 77496

Thank you so much! I'll try this address tomorrow!

Jim

mr ben/mr obed/mr mort/mr jim/ and mr whoever else (lol)

do any of you happen to have a list( i HOPE its a small one) of teams that DONT give their players fan mail?

i know that the 49ers DONT(atleast thats what mr butch told me)

i just didnt want to waste time writing a letter and postage if their team is gonna committ a federal law..(Atleast i think its a law that you HAVE to give people their mail, right?)

well hope someone can help me.

anyone know of any current players that are gladly to sign stuff for free TTM?

thanks

any sport will do..

Kevin-Alan

Hi Kevin! I don't have a list, but I know of 3 NHL teams who don't normally give their players fan mail. You will get a response back from the Avalanche, but it will more than likely be Secretarial. The Devils and the Rangers usually don't give the players mail, or at least they haven't the last few seasons.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Hi Kevin! I don't have a list, but I know of 3 NHL teams who don't normally give their players fan mail. You will get a response back from the Avalanche, but it will more than likely be Secretarial. The Devils and the Rangers usually don't give the players mail, or at least they haven't the last few seasons.

I hope this helps.

Jim

hey mr jim!!

you missed an awesome game few weeks ago(aeros)..;)

thanks for the advice..

it helps ty!

Kevin-Alan

mr jim,

have you tried russ springer(astros/cards)?

his son has some type of cancer or illness, so i wanted to see if i made a decent size donation in his sons name, if he'd send me some game used items ect.

prob a long shot but thought id ask.

ty

Kevin-Alan

mr jim,

his son has some type of cancer or illness, so i wanted to see if i made a decent size donation in his sons name, if he'd send me some game used items ect.

ty

Kevin-Alan

Hi Kevin!

No I've never tried Springer, but I'm planning on sending to him c/o of the Cardinals once the season starts.

Jim

P.S.
Go Aeros!

By the way, this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have anything on former Houston Oilers, Tom Regner and Walt Suggs, or former Colt, Richk Volk?

Thank you again for all of your help!

Jim

mr jim,

ty

Kevin-Alan

Please don't ask for any game used items or team signed balls or anything of that nature. Requests such as that are what turns players off from signing TTM. If you need evidence of this, check out Pat Neshek's website, http://eteamz.active.com/PatNeshek/, and look at the March 13th entry.

If you want to make a donation in his son's name because you feel that it is the right thing to do, then please do. But don't do it with the hopes of expecting to benefit from it for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the work "charity".

By the way, this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have anything on former Houston Oilers, Tom Regner and Walt Suggs, or former Colt, Richk Volk?

Thank you again for all of your help!

Jim

Sorry...that's Rick Volk.

Hit the submit button before I did a double check on spelling.

Jim

Please don't ask for any game used items or team signed balls or anything of that nature. Requests such as that are what turns players off from signing TTM. If you need evidence of this, check out Pat Neshek's website, http://eteamz.active.com/PatNeshek/, and look at the March 13th entry.

If you want to make a donation in his son's name because you feel that it is the right thing to do, then please do. But don't do it with the hopes of expecting to benefit from it for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the work "charity".

I agree. Players go get turned off by that. Remember when you are sending your cards to a player it is simply a request. Even though you are sending an SASE, you never know if your items will be returned signed or returned at all. Some players hate fan mail. A couple of years ago, in his column, Todd Jones wrote that some players use the cards as coasters.

Jim

I have no luck with any of these anymore. I do have an extra Van Poppel though if you cant locate him. I still have requests out to Brown and Ericks, no luck though

Hm...that's strange, because the success I had once seen with Brant (this was at least two months ago) had been a fairly quick one. I wrote down the address, too...and then I lost it. :(

Too bad I didn't get to see this post before now, too...otherwise I might have held up on sending to Ericks today. Oh well, maybe luck will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.