Recent milesone in my Mariners collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Are all your autos in Mariners uni only?

Until the spring of 2011 I was very strict about the items being in Mariner uni, or on something generic (minor league card, IC, bat, ball, etc.) I had to come to the realization that there were just some I was NEVER going to get unless I went after other unis as well. Since then I have added probably 100 items. I would say AT LEAST 85% of the items are true Mariners items though.

i believe i have christensen bernazard and rob murphy..last two are not in mariners unis...lmk if interested...thanks

I will see Ryan Jackson as a coach next year if you want to send something for me to get. Let me know

Very nice Ed. You inspired me to start tracking down all the older M's cards signed and I have done very well myself. Just landed the 78 Enrique Romo in a lot of cards I bought.

I think I only need Jutze and Lopez for the 78 set now!

The 80 McLaughlin eludes me (at an affordable price). Someone has one on ebay, but wants $150. I don't want to spend the premium on his 81 cards either.

Adding Ichiro and Arod are as easy as opening up your wallet. A barrier for many in completing theme sets! Some of the others just don't show up much at all. Those are the most fun to find. Arod and Ichiro will always be plentiful. Now find a Kaz Sasaki everyday....

Very nice Ed. You inspired me to start tracking down all the older M's cards signed and I have done very well myself. Just landed the 78 Enrique Romo in a lot of cards I bought.

I think I only need Jutze and Lopez for the 78 set now!

The 80 McLaughlin eludes me (at an affordable price). Someone has one on ebay, but wants $150. I don't want to spend the premium on his 81 cards either.

Adding Ichiro and Arod are as easy as opening up your wallet. A barrier for many in completing theme sets! Some of the others just don't show up much at all. Those are the most fun to find. Arod and Ichiro will always be plentiful. Now find a Kaz Sasaki everyday....

Nice find on the Romo, that is not an easy pickup. Sometimes those ill or under described lots can be a gold mine. I got my Rod Scurry in a lot like that, not the most expensive deceased Mariner out there but I still got a deal on it so that was a win.

I've seen few McLaughlin's up for open bidding over the last few years. Most are BINs and even the ICs are a bit too much.

I've been tracking the Arod market for years and the good news is that he is getting more affordable, I guess having THOUSANDS of issued autos affects the market value some. Fine by me. When I started 'watching' most of lower end stuff went for no less that $70, now there is lots of stuff ending in the $50s-40s.

As for Ichiro I am prepared to pay and am getting closer to that time. He'll be going back to Japan in a year or two and his stuff will only be harder to get after that. I'm not the biggest fan of the gang at Mill Creek Sports but they basically own the market on Ichiro stuff. There are some available for as low as $240 on eBay. I usually get some cash for Christmas and my Birthday, I'm considering pooling it and going for it.

About a month ago I found a nice Studio Shigetoshi Hasegawa auto on eBay, I had $40 bucks at the time so I thought I would be able to make a run at it. WRONG, it went for $104. One thing I've learned is not to wait on foreign born players, because they usually go back to their homeland after their career is over and it's very difficult to track them down.

Congrats! The Ichiro auto will be hardest and most expensive! Happy Holidays, David

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online