Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I remember sending in for tons of these back in the day. They would come 6 or8, 6 card subsets in small manilla type envolpes from Syosset, NY I beleive.. I'll bet I still have these envolopes lying around here somewhere seeing as I am on the All Pack Rat Team. I'll be eligible for the Pack Rat HOF in a couple of years and should be a 1st ballot inductee.
They used to also come in cello packs, which I liked buying in 85 and 86.
I recently picked up a Fernando rookie for a coupla bucks - I was thinking of posting a pic here, but the subjects move so quickly on this thread.

I remember sending in for tons of these back in the day. They would come 6 or8, 6 card subsets in small manilla type envolpes from Syosset, NY I beleive.. I'll bet I still have these envolopes lying around here somewhere seeing as I am on the All Pack Rat Team. I'll be eligible for the Pack Rat HOF in a couple of years and should be a 1st ballot inductee.
Same, I don’t think I have the envelopes but still have a few of the cards from 84/85. Looking to get the entire run after finding the 83 set. At a LCS. I also think these would be great for autographs.

They used to also come in cello packs, which I liked buying in 85 and 86.
I recently picked up a Fernando rookie for a coupla bucks - I was thinking of posting a pic here, but the subjects move so quickly on this thread.
Those were the glossy all stars. These were the send in cards that you could collect the send in points to get these.

Same, I don’t think I have the envelopes but still have a few of the cards from 84/85. Looking to get the entire run after finding the 83 set. At a LCS. I also think these would be great for autographs.
I was pretty sure 1983 was the first year for these. I remember you could order set 1, set 2, set 3 up to set 6. I'd always order 1 of each and then multiples of whatever 6 card set had the hottest players. Pete Rose at that time was the most sought after card as he was about to break the All Time hits record.

And at one time the Bonds (86 or 87) was worth $40 but I think that has settled at about $10. Nice looking cards for sure!

Sure enough I DID have those envolopes still. I can't believe I have had these for 30+ years. I found a bunch of 1983 Envolopes and there were 5 cards in each, not 6. Doing a little research, I found there were 8 sets of 5 cards each for a 40 card set. You could redeem a 5 card set for 25 runs/points according to Trading Card Database.

Very nice!! One of the great insert sets that Topps used to put out in the 60s and 70s. You played this game on the back of one of the poster inserts from the same 1971 set which had a football field on the back. A field marker was also inserted which served as the football that was moved up and down the field depending on what card you turned. Obviously Joe Namath was not a card you wanted to turn over as it was a five yard loss.

A really interesting card from this game set was the Terry Bradshaw becasue it was the same year as his rookie card!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors