Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The flaw designations do take away from the BV of the card but by how much I don't know. I have a Mike Ditka RC which is graded a PSA 5 MC which I believe stands for misscut. I think PSA grade would be a 3 if the MC was counted. I'm not sure if PSA even does the grading with those flaw designations any more but I could be mistaken.
IMO I'd rather have a 5 MC than a 3. At least you kinda know where they are basing their grade, instead wondering why they gave it a 3 since they don't list how they came to their grade numbers.

I agree... never seen them before, not into baseball stuff as much as football, but that's coolio! you don't mind if I share something similar, do you?
Share anything you want.........I believe there were football stamps back then, gas station giveaways maybe.........

Share anything you want.........I believe there were football stamps back then, gas station giveaways maybe.........
Yes there were! In 1972 Sunoco gave away NFL football stamps with an album. As a matter of fact, they put out an update set of stamps as well. It was a rather large set as each team had 24 stamps in the regular issue (22 starters plus the kicker and punter). There were numerous stamps that corresponded with that year's 1972 RCs and even a bunch that predated their RCs.....Jack Ham's 1973 Topps RC for example.

The stamps came in little booklets of 9 stamsp each so getting a complete set of 624 must have been a tough task not to mention getting all the updates as well!

Here is a checklist for the regular issue stamps.

Sometimes I think I spent way too much time on vintage football. But I make up for it by knowing almost nothing about cards from this Century! LMAO!!!

Yes there were! In 1972 Sunoco gave away NFL football stamps with an album. As a matter of fact, they put out an update set of stamps as well. It was a rather large set as each team had 24 stamps in the regular issue (22 starters plus the kicker and punter). There were numerous stamps that corresponded with that year's 1972 RCs and even a bunch that predated their RCs.....Jack Ham's 1973 Topps RC for example.

The stamps came in little booklets of 9 stamsp each so getting a complete set of 624 must have been a tough task not to mention getting all the updates as well!

Here is a checklist for the regular issue stamps.

Sometimes I think I spent way too much time on vintage football. But I make up for it by knowing almost nothing about cards from this Century! LMAO!!!
I'm gunna start calling you Wiki cuz u got all the info on everything!

I'm gunna start calling you Wiki cuz u got all the info on everything!
Yeah but when Prosefan1 posted a card of Henry Davis the other day, I thought it was the old middle linebacker for the Steelers in the early days of Terry Bradshaw. He was one of the 1st starting black middle linebackers too after Willie Lanier who was the first. I see he still plays for a Pittsburgh team but it's a different one. And he looks different too. And he sure aged well! LMAO!!~

Yeah but when Prosefan1 posted a card of Henry Davis the other day, I thought it was the old middle linebacker for the Steelers in the early days of Terry Bradshaw. He was one of the 1st starting black middle linebackers too after Willie Lanier who was the first. I see he still plays for a Pittsburgh team but it's a different one. And he looks different too. And he sure aged well! LMAO!!~
Willie Lanier puts me in mind of that KC Chiefs defense that had 6 HoF ! Lanier, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanan, Emmitt Thomas, Johnny Robinson, and Curley Culp.

Wish I had an encyclopedic memory like you guys... I try to, but my memory is shot from all the "medicine" I took from 17-35, not to mention the "real" ones I'm on now! D@mn head shrinkers....😵‍💫

Ok, back to cards... I feel like putting something else up today, so I am...
Ryan Mallett '11 U.D. Sweet Spot Sigs 188/199.... hope you're in a good place brother!
27088582319_7e36417f81.jpg