sold on e-bay now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I just sold my first card on e-bay. I made a nice 60 bucks on a card. Now I see the funds went into my account and I sent the card. I sent it with DC so I know it got there 2 days ago but yet he left no feedback yet. Now what? It says in my funds the money wont be available for 20 days? what is that? also I ran through my e-bay and it says something about 5 bucks due? but I see no way of paying it.also how do i claim the money? will paypal send me a check?
Anyone else sell on e-bay?

I just sold my first card on e-bay. I made a nice 60 bucks on a card. Now I see the funds went into my account and I sent the card. I sent it with DC so I know it got there 2 days ago but yet he left no feedback yet. Now what? It says in my funds the money wont be available for 20 days? what is that? also I ran through my e-bay and it says something about 5 bucks due? but I see no way of paying it.also how do i claim the money? will paypal send me a check?
Anyone else sell on e-bay?

Its a new thing with PayPal to make sure you sent the item and the other person received it..if you used PayPal multi shipping the DC is automatically registered and PayPal will release the funds to you once they verify the item was delivered..if you used another online shipping program i.e stamps.com you need to register the DC number

What it boils down to is that PayPal wants you to ship any and all packages using PayPal multi-shipping

I had to do it sold a few items on here and Ebay and they held up the funds i sent with DC once the buyer received had the money in my account within 48 hrs
but PayPal has since lifted my restriction.

Last edited:
Paypal will send you a check if you request it but easiest thing is to have them transfer the funds directly to your bank account. To either, go to your account overview and hoover over the withdraw link. Drop down menu select what you want.

To pay your ebay fees go to myebay and move your cursor over the account tab. Drop down menu click on seller account, next page there's a link to pay with paypal, credit card, or send them a check. You can also set up an automatic payment method if you want.

Last edited:
cool. Thanks guys. I sent the card through USPS with DC. i had to put the DC code in and how I shipped it.

As for feedback I usually do it once a month all at once. I find it strange that people bug me about leaving them feedback the day I get the item.

I overlooked the fb thing. Did you leave them fb yet ?

As a seller I leave fb ASAP after someone pays and other than a very short note sent with the item saying "if you're happy with our transaction please leave pos fb" I would NEVER ask a buyer for fb. I want fb but they bought my item and paid me promptly, they did their part and don't owe me anything. As a buyer, it leaves a bad taste when sellers "beg" for fb.

I agree with this 100%, except I don't mind a seller asking or reminding me to leave feedback, BUT it bothers me to get that same request/reminder when they have not yet left me feedback.

I overlooked the fb thing. Did you leave them fb yet ?

As a seller I leave fb ASAP after someone pays and other than a very short note sent with the item saying "if you're happy with our transaction please leave pos fb" I would NEVER ask a buyer for fb. I want fb but they bought my item and paid me promptly, they did their part and don't owe me anything. As a buyer, it leaves a bad taste when sellers "beg" for fb.

when i buy a card the second i recieve it i always leave feedback. But in this transaction since I was the seller I left positive feedback the moment the money went into my account.

That is the way it should be. 99 out of 100 times, the transaction will go smooth and hopefully more than likely than not, the buyer will reciprocate with feedback as well.

It's those sellers who somehow feel that holding back feedback from the buyer until they get theirs will somehow avoid them negative feedback or allow them to control the transaction more that bugs me.

Plain and simple, once the buyer pays, their side of the deal is done. There is nothing more that the buyer need do than receive the card.

If the seller sends the item as advertised in a prompt manner and it arrives as such, their end is then complete. If there is a problem and the buyer contacts hem, they should have a chance to resolve it.

It is so simple, yet people make it so hard!

Yet, there are scammers on both sides that can make it more difficult. I honestly believe those are the small minority of transactions though.

when i buy a card the second i recieve it i always leave feedback. But in this transaction since I was the seller I left positive feedback the moment the money went into my account.