Some nice attic finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewcstein

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Dug out some stuff from my mom's attic today. Lots of stuff I had completely forgotten about!

A couple graded cards that I had no clue I even still had. I know these are pretty much worthless, but I guess at the time, they were exciting.

Graded.jpg

I remember these cards really well. I had a few of them, but had a hard time finding more.
Topps3D.jpg

I also found a whole lot of wrappers that I had saved. I don't know why I started saving them, but I must have done it for a little while, because I have a whole lot, from baseball, basketball, and football. If anyone needs them for player collections, let me know and I'll see what I have. I know there were a couple Jeters, Sosas, McGwires, and Priors, among others. The coolest thing is the box I decided to store them in...at the time, I hadn't even started being a player collector, so it's a nice coincidence.

VladBox.jpg

This I got at a minor league game and completely forgot about:

IMG_2046.jpg

And this I forgot about too. I remember getting a box of this for Christmas, mainly to pull a nice one of these:

Kaline.jpg

Now I wish I had gotten the Vlad :)

I also found a box of autographed baseballs. A few minor ones, like a Phil Linz and Benny Agbayani. A cool yankee fanfest one with Pettitte on the sweet spot. And these two, which are my favorites:
IMG_2045.jpg

Hard to see in the pic, but that's Spahn and Agee.

Thanks!

Yeah, the Kaline is really nice. All framed and everything. I wish more companies put stuff like that in the boxes. I have one of those UD Classic Portraits busts somewhere too - I think it's a Sosa.

Very nice. Let me know if the Linz ball is available FT. Don't think I have much in the way of Guerrero to send your way, but I can look. I think you have pretty much cleaned me out previously.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

Thanks everyone!

Very nice. Let me know if the Linz ball is available FT. Don't think I have much in the way of Guerrero to send your way, but I can look. I think you have pretty much cleaned me out previously.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

Barry, I think I'm going to hang on to all the balls. I had them displayed in my room as a kid, and I really like seeing them again. Each one has a story for me.

Cool finds May need some of the McGwire wrappers.

I have two:
2003 UD Vintage
2000 UD

Very nice! The Kaline is beautiful.

My wife wants me to purge the attic today (ah geez). Everytime I go up there, I end up putting a foot through the sheet rock (you would think she'd stop asking but...my attic is over the garage ).

Unfortunately all I will find are 3 years of Beckett's and a box of rocks.

Congrats on the finds.

Todd