The 2011 Collecting Goals thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have not come close to any of my goals for this year. It is so hard to find the onesies and twosies cards I need for my modern sets. I have only seen one 01 Ruth card listed on ebay and it went for well over $1000 which is more than I am willing to pay. The vintage sets have been on the backburner for most of the year. I may get a BSL title, I may not; I threw it on there for good fun.

Dewayne

Gonna keep it simple this year - I want to finish the sets I start and I would like to finish the sets on my web page.

Thanks,

Jeff

Started and finished series 1 & 2. Still working on 2011 Heritage. Finished 2010 Heritage High and the base parts of both Topps 52 Rookie Edition sets. Also finished 2011 Opening Day. Have not started any other sets at the moment. Waiting for Update to come out. Have been on a somewhat extended break recently but will get back to it soon.

Thanks,

Jeff

I usually come up with goals, but rarely check to see how I am doing. So in order of importance, here we go:

1. Actually try to meet my goals
2. Add 171 Biggio cards to hit 2000
3. Add 35 Astros Autos to collection
4. Add 100 Bagwell cards to collection
5. Add 100 cards to my UNT football collection
6. Add 25 cards to my Gerald Green collection
7. Add 300 cards to my Texans RC collection
8. Add 300 different cards to my basketball collection.

9. Organize my Astros RC collection so I can figure out what I need. Work on my website to house my wantlists.

Thanks,

Craig

1. Actually try to meet my goals
2. Add 171 Biggio cards to hit 2000 At 1880 now - not going to get there
3. Add 35 Astros Autos to collection 21 so far - maybe
4. Add 100 Bagwell cards to collection Only 26 - not happening
5. Add 100 cards to my UNT football collection Less than 20 - not happening
6. Add 25 cards to my Gerald Green collection 15 - will get this done
7. Add 300 cards to my Texans RC collection 211 So far - Might have a shot
8. Add 300 different cards to my basketball collection. Not even close

9. Organize my Astros RC collection so I can figure out what I need. Work on my website to house my wantlists. Work in progress!

Not looking good so far!!!

Still short of the goal for the ysl drive....only picked up one more of the gold.....and decided not to try again for the Benchies again with the same stuff as last year. Best regards, David

My goals will be very reasonable this year.

1 - Hit 26,000 different Red Sox (currently at 23,800 or so)

2 - Pick up 12 more 1972 Topps Baseball for my set (currently at 692/792 counting the 5 variations)

3 - Pick up the last 10 cards I need to complete my 1954 - present Topps Red Sox team sets

4 - Get to 521 different Ted Williams cards (current 480)

5 - Organize and update my lists more often!

Scott

1 - Hit 26,000 different Red Sox (currently at 23,800 or so) - Completed 9/13/11!!

2 - Pick up 12 more 1972 Topps Baseball for my set (currently at 692/792 counting the 5 variations) - 2 to go...now at 702

3 - Pick up the last 10 cards I need to complete my 1954 - present Topps Red Sox team sets - 3 to go..still need 1963 Pesky, 1966 George Scott Rookie, 1967 Osinski

4 - Get to 521 different Ted Williams cards (current 480) - Now at 504 with 5 incoming....

5 - Organize and update my lists more often! - I'm not even close here!

Considering how little time I have had for cards this year, I'm doing pretty well on my goals. I'm glad to see this thread bumped, maybe I will be ready for the Shriners show in November and finish up my goals for the year!

Goals for 2011--

--Finally finish making my new web site!

--Pass the 2500 card mark for the ***** League collection.

--Go crazy at The National in Chicago this year.

--Obtain some higher end autos I have been looking for like Paige or Campanella.

--Just started making sets so I would like to get organized doing that and maybe finish off a few.

--Get more supplies for the sets...binders and pages and the such.

--See how close I can come to the 3000 Bench points mark:)

--Have the web site up and working but not even close to being finished. Still on Campanella for the player collections and the trade list is maybe 5% done. Working hard on it though and there is an outside chance I get most of it done this year.

--Doubtful.

--No money, was not able to go:(

--No money or high end trade bait makes this one tough.

--Slowly made progress on a few but nothing close to being done.

--Still need tons, still need money though:p

--Not even close!

1) Finish my 1971 Topps set
2) Get my 1956 Topps set to under 5 cards left. Currently at 15
3) Attend National convention in Chicago
4) Finish 5 other sets from my www wantlist
5) Get organized

Not too bad so far
1) 5 cards left and very possible before year-end :)
2) Currently at 8 cards and a couple of commons included in those. Picked up several at the National Convention :)
3) Check
4) Check
5) Ch .... yeah right. This seems like a never ending task. :eek:

Scott

I guess I will begin the year end updates here....

1 - Hit 26,000 different Red Sox (currently at 23,800 or so) - Completed 9/13/11!!

2 - Pick up 12 more 1972 Topps Baseball for my set (currently at 692/792 counting the 5 variations) - 1 to go...now at 703- may still make this goal...

3 - Pick up the last 10 cards I need to complete my 1954 - present Topps Red Sox team sets - Done! Yahoo! This was my most satisfying accomplishment of the year!

4 - Get to 521 different Ted Williams cards (current 480) - Completed! Now at 577...(may have cheated a little by counting the 1984 & 2002 Donruss puzzles piece cards)

5 - Organize and update my lists more often! - Better, but still a long way to go!

All in all, a pretty good year!
Thanks,
Scott

I guess I never even bothered to comment on this one. I never seem to make much headway. The top 5 wantlist add is a prayer anyway...those things come along once in a great while.

No good headway on organizing stuff.

About the only thing I really did well this year was grow my autograph collection significantly!

• 1. Finish The Bench YSL project!
  • 2. Finish the 2003 timeless treasures gold set/Only 25 cards lefted in this quest!
  • 3. Take another shot at the Benchies awards next year!
Happy Holidays, David

Ouch! Still working on the first and second....did not brother with the third. Best regards, David

Gonna keep it simple this year - I want to finish the sets I start and I would like to finish the sets on my web page.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sets started - 2011 Topps Series 1, 2 and Update, 2011 Topps Opening Day, 2011 Topps Heritage, 2011 Topps Heritage Minors

Started sets completed - 2011 Topps Series 1, 2 and Update, 2011 Topps Opening Day except for 2 Topps Update Topps 60 inserts.

Heritage and Heritage Minors are both down to SPs - 21 cards total, including one Heritage Minors checklist

Old Sets on the web page are done except for the 2007 Topps 52 Rookie Edition black backs.

Had considered doing Allen & Ginter this year but never got it started. All in all a successful year goal wise. Not bad considering the craziness I have been going through at work.

Thanks,

Jeff

1) Finish my 1971 Topps set
2) Get my 1956 Topps set to under 5 cards left. Currently at 15
3) Attend National convention in Chicago
4) Finish 5 other sets from my www wantlist
5) Get organized

this year has been a success :)

1 - completed. Picked up the last one this week
2 - better than expected. Only the Mantle left
3- Check
4- Check
5 - Better, but always more to do

Scott

My one goal for 2011 is to obtain my main Pujols want. Not the 2001 Bowman Chrome (that's wayyyy outta my price range) but rather a 2001 Donruss Signature Albert Pujols AU RC /330. I'd even offer up my 1994 Upper Deck Mantle/Griffey dual auto in a trade for one but I'll probably end up having to sell stuff and buy one on eBay.

Well a year has gone by and I wasn't able to obtain one. I only know of one person who has one lol.

Going to try and set some reasonable goals this year:

1) Get to 90% complete on my 1972 Topps set. Need 70 cards to reach that goal.
2) Get to 75% complete on my 1971 set. Need 60 cards to get there.
3) Get to 90% complete on my 1960 Topps set. Need 100 cards to get there so this one may be a reach.
4) Finally complete my 1975 SSPC set. Only 12 cards short on that one.
5) Complete my 1964 Topps Giants, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Deckle, 1970 Topps Story Booklets, and 1977 Topps Cloth sets. Only about 40 cards short but most of them are the big ones.

It may be a little expensive to try and complete these goals but a lot of the challenge will be actually finding them.

Good luck to everyone with their collections in the next year and happy collecting!!

Bryon

Goal 1: At 86% so did not make that one.
Goal 2: At 81% so that was a winner!!!
Goal 3: Only at 79% so missed that one by a bunch.
Goal 4: Only picked up 4 from this set. The last ones are being difficult to track down
Goal 5: Made it about half way but did not complete any of these sets.

Goals for 2011

(1) Reach 80% mark for Paul O'Neill (~45 cards to go) INCOMPLETE (added only 20 cards, nearly half of them were autos though)
(2) Research 50s/60s Topps prices and start picking up vintage Yankees DONE!
(3) Start collecting 2001-now Topps & Bowman Heritage Yankees team sets DONE!
(4) Sort through and move all my Yankee dupes/commons DONE!
(5) Add a Bernie Williams and/or Derek Jeter auto to the PC DONE!
(6) Somehow get a Mariano Rivera PSA Basic Cards registry added to psacards.com DONE!
(7) Sell more than I spend DONE!

For 2011 My goals:
1. Complete my Allen and Ginter base sets. Purchase the 2006 set, I need about 100 Cards for 2008, and less than 20 cards for 2009.

2. Reach 50 different Milwaukee Brewer game used and 10 different Milwaukee Brewer certified autos. Currently 25 game used and 4 certified autos.

3. Help my fellow Benchies when I can with their team/player/set needs.

1. Did not pick up the 2006 set, completed the 2008 set :) , I still need a few SP's for the 2009 set.

2. I came up short on the game used by 1!!! I do have a Robin Yount manufactured all-star patch, but not being game used I just can not count it. I only added 2 certified autos the entire year!!!:eek:

3. I completed 74 trades this year. I hope I helped some because I sure got some good help. :cool:

Good to see the updates!

Hi Everybody!

As we get to the end of a great 2010, I wanted to get a thread posted about 2011. Last year's thread was great, with updates all thru the year. I am hoping that this one will be just as good, or better. Let me know what your goals are for your collection in 2011.

My goals for 2011 are:

Work more on my vintage sets. 4 are below 20 cards till completion.

Get to 80% on my 2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade GU/Auto set. Currently at 65.5%.

Get closer to finishing my 2008 UD YSL GU set. Currently at 31/42.

Complete all 3 series of 2011 Topps.

Thanks everyone. I hope that 2011 will be great for everyone.

1. Completed 74, 76, 77, 78 - Check!
2. Currently at 185/200 - 92.50 % - Check!
3. Currently at 35/42 - 83.33% - check!
4. Currently down to the last 2 needed for the Update set. Close enough!

Good luck everyone!

1) Finish off the 2008 A&G, 2008 & 2009 Heritage baseball. 2008 UD Heroes football. 2007-8 OPC hockey sets. (this year I will finish them off)
2) Complete the 2010/11 Score Glossy hockey sets including all the sp's & ssp's.
3) Have over 750 different baseball autographs
4) Have over 500 different football autographs
5) Have over 3000 different hockey autographs (this one will not be hard)
6) Have over 100 different basketball autographs
7) Get 4 of the 5 Habs Inks autographs I need to finish the set. The last one I will need has not turned up yet.
8) Get all my autographs scanned and get a up site for them.

1) Only picked up a few, did not even try.
2) Nope, gave up on this one very early.
3) Did this, I have 880 different players.
4) Nope, only have 265 different players.
5) Nope, only have 1931 different players.
6) Nope, only have 27 different players
7) Nope, only saw 3-4 of them.
8) Nope, was lazy.

These were my 2011 goals:

Pick up the 2001 SP Legendary Cuts Babe Ruth Jersey
Complete one of my vintage sets
Complete all of my modern sets
Win the Bench BSL title

I accomplished none of them. I did make some headway in my modern sets but did not even see a ruth gu offered on any on-line site, came close a few times on the BSL title (great league and do miss it now that it came to an end) and fell short on a vintage set for several reasons. However, this has been a great year for my collection as a whole and I look forward to 2012 although it will be cut due to the upcoming birth of my daughter.

Dewayne

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online