The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have a few questions on the youtube people. I have never seen any box breaks on you tube. Are they members of the site or just random people breaking wax? If you guys have any information on either of them please let me know so I do not look like a total fool. Thanks

I have a few questions on the youtube people. I have never seen any box breaks on you tube. Are they members of the site or just random people breaking wax? If you guys have any information on either of them please let me know so I do not look like a total fool. Thanks

Chris owns a hobby store.Called the hobby box.
And the rest are just random people.

Fighting Cancer one card at a time.

Latest info on the Yankee Stadium Legacy set. It will only be 6500 total cards. It will be released in several sets throughout the year. Although I still do not know if all 6500 cards are available from the on set or are released in series'. Our official flyer for you to print and use will be available soon!

http://sports.upperdeck.com/news/article.aspx?aid=3776

Tim

I really think this is a great idea. After looking at the link for the set, I might consider building it myself. Instead, I'll save up some money and when the set is complete and posted for auction, I'll try to buy it. In the mean time, whatever I find, I'll be sure to send to you guys.

There is now a Word flyer about our project. If you are interested in printing the flyer for use and to post in your local card shops please contact either myself, "The Quarter Box" or "Rburke02" with you e-mail address and we will send it to you.

Last edited:
More Press! This is from Sports Collectors Digest bi-weekly news letter. If you are interested, PM me and I will e-mail the PDF file.

Website hopes to build Yankee Stadium set for charity
When Upper Deck announced earlier this month that it would be producing a
6,500-card insert set to commemorate the history of Yankee Stadium, there were
bound to be a few ambitious collectors who would attempt to pursue every card on a
very lengthy checklist.
One such pursuit will actually be a group effort by the regulars who frequent the
trading boards on the website www.thebenchtrading.com. The website, known by
regulars as “The Bench,” will be relying on its visitors to band together to assemble
one of the first “complete sets” of the new UD product. When that mission is accomplished,
the plan is to auction the cards off together through Sotheby’s with the proceeds
going to the V Foundation for cancer research. The effort has been dubbed
“fighting cancer one card at a time.”
“This is a monster set, a historical set – not only for baseball, but for pop culture
and American sports in general. And there will be a lot of Yankee fans out there who
will probably be interested in this,” said Tim Danielson, PR director for the website. “A
lot of our members collect sets from all the major manufacturers and enjoy the thrill of
the hunt – tracking down those last few cards. I’m sure a lot of them will be helping us
chase and hunt down those cards – which is part of the fun of collecting cards.”
The Yankee Stadium Legacy set will feature cards spotlighting every baseball game
ever played at Yankee Stadium in the past 85 seasons, along with some of the most
memorable non-baseball events, including heavyweight title fights.
Danielson noted The Bench has more than 6,000 members and that some of the
collectors were already contemplating chasing the set on their own. Some may still
be doing so, but they have also been willing to supply cards to the group effort.
Perhaps the biggest gray area at the moment, according to Danielsen, is whether
the “complete set” the group is assembling will include the 42 game-used memorabilia
cards (bats and jerseys) that will include cards featuring Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig,
Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson, Derek Jeter and others. “That might be
icing on the cake, if we get any of those,” he said. “ We’re hoping the national publicity
we’re starting to get rolling in will get people not only on our site donating cards, but
(collectors) at shops around the country.”

Tim