Ticket stubs, are they that collectible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metsman1986

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I picked up quite a few of these, most are around the same time frame, late 1960's and early 1970's...............None of the Angels are Ryan's No Hitter's, that's the first thing I checked.................Question, are they that collectible? A guy I know told me I got ripped off by buying them................I'm going to try and recoup some of the $$ by selling them online....................Here's what they look like and LMK what your opinions are.....................They appear to be in pretty decent shape..............Also bought from this guy a 1977 World Series Game 2 Stub as well......................

Dodgers66b

Angels73d

World Series and Super Bowl ticket stubs from the 70's run about $50-$100, common games no real market. I bought a 1930's ticket stub from a college football game with Stanford a couple years ago for just a couple of bucks.

depends what you paid for them, what you're expecting to get for them, etc. For common dates, unless it's something player specific as you mentioned (Ryan no hitter, Koufax no no, Reggie Home run, etc) there is probably limited demand. I know I generally wouldn't pay more than $1 for them, but I say the same for pocket schedules, team ashtrays/stadium giveaways, etc for the most part. Of course almost any game has SOME significance to somebody. ( first game they attended, game that started them collecting Jim Davenport, etc)

Just the two stubs you scanned if I did the research correctly, the Dodgers stub was Koufax's 150th career win, a win during his final season, etc and the Angels was from a Nolan Ryan 10 strikeout, 1 hitter during the season he broke the strikeout record. Do a little digging on the others, label them with info like that, you may get some fans to bite on it as a fun addition to a player collection and get a few bucks for it.

Dodgers vs Giants Koufax pitched a complete game 10 k's

Angels vs Yankees Ryan pitched a complete game shutout (5-0) 10 K 1 hit Thurman Munson had the 1 hit for the Yankees

Thanks for the replies! Did check out our favorite online buying place and they don't go for much but I've only got $20 into them and more than 30 stubs plus 50 or more pocket schedules from the same seasons for both teams.....................With a $1 a piece I should break even, considering the time invested....................Guessing Koufax and Ryan aren't bad names to tie to these bits of ephemera...................Here's another one I found that was interesting.....................

54sugar

There is indeed a market for tickets/stubs. It is so varied and wide open, it's hard to even describe it. For example, I'm a Mets collector. I know that there are multiple Mets collectors who collect ticket stubs- 3 guys are trying to find one for every game of the 1969 season, another is doing 1986, 2 others are almost complete with a stub from every game of the '62 season. I've sold stubs to player collectors, like a Seaver collector paid well for a stub from his 10th Win, and 3 of his minor league game win stubs. Any major event associated with the stub adds value- I have unused tickets from Clemens and Big Units 3000k games. I have complete runs of stubs from all the Mets world series games. I've been involved in many, many bidding wars for tickets from the Miracle On Ice olympic hockey games. I have been collecting stubs from the Oklahoma-texas college football games for years- I have some that are worth hundreds of dollars- to the right collector.
At what you have invested in them, you should be able to make a profit- but do the research, add value with information, and don't be lazy about it- remember that there might be a collector for every player in that game, there are multiple fans for every team in that game, etc. And most of all, be patient- they might not sell the first time you list them, just keep at it.