timely mailing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tradem

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
time to remind people that unless they specify they mail at same time I have been the recipient of poor mailing manners in several of my last trades, and bad feedback is not the answer. I would like some discussion on this please.
thanks for the allowing of my rant Charlie

Why do you say that leaving bad feedback is not the answer? If it is a chronic problem with a trader, then leaving bad feedback for delivery time will change the offending member to a Must Send First member.

How late are the items getting to you?

7-10 days should be expected when shipping parcels. Bubble Mailers fall under the "parcel" category.

re

on the average I receive 5 to 7 days after my end of the trade arrives, and it is very frustrating because I always use DC Confirmation , because I feel the extra security is a good touch on my part. Right now I have one that will be 6 days after my end arrived.

Communication is key, if someone doesn't let me know that they aren't sending within three days of confirmation I would see it as a problem and should be noted. I do think that you should check the postmark rather than rely on time received as a measure of promptness.

If it is an issue with you you certainly have room to place your concern for all to know in your signature that you'll mark down for tardiness.

I agree with JNevans. I had a situation where it took nearly 25 days for an item to get to me, I had contacted the other trader he told me the day he mailed which didn't seem to jive with how long it was taking. When the package arrived I looked at the post mark on the package and it was the exact day he said he had mailed it out. For some reason 1st class mail took almost a month to get to me. Not his fault he mailed it within a reasonable amount of time. I have had this happen on a couple of occassions, so before you get to terribly agitated I would double check those things first. I know I mailed something to someone who purchased an item from me that never showed up to the buyer. 3 months later it was returned to me as undeliverable. I do know that it seems with budget issues at the post office the service and timeliness seems to have declined a bit in the process.

One thing that I think people should remember is that this is a hobby. Sometimes life gets in the way.

I've had a couple of trades where the mods had to get involved and force the other trader to send or mail back my part....................It's frustrating but communication is the key, just let the other person know..................mm1sub is right too, life gets tricky and the collecting must be put on hold, but that doesn't mean leaving another trader to hang, that's just wrong...................

Communication is everything. On one end of the spectrum a person asked me to hold a card for a month, then sends me some cards to get graphs for him. I go to the event get graphs and for good measure I throw in an ip of his favorite player.... No good deed goes unpunished andit has been 44 days and no cards. On the other end a new trader wrote me because he is sick and could not mail the day he said he was going to . I will take the new and communication over the ....I need to be careful here ,,,,ah the long time member who appears to not care. He has written me once stating sorry you did not get them I will dig through your list and find more stuff you need...I will ship tomorrow and send DC that was ten days ago....Guy has not been back to the site since...
I cannot get the cards or the effort back....the cards were his to begin with what would he send back ? oh well no worries I am out a game used card.
No biggie...matter of principal

I've never worried about when packages arrive - cause there is no great need to have the cards. After about a month, if I haven't received them yet, I'll probably contact the person to see if they sent them out. Sometimes they've forgotten, sometimes they've just taken a long time to get here. But, whatever! I feel that as long as I get the other end of a deal at some point, it doesn't really matter if it's 3 days or 43 days - it's not life or death if I don't have those cards!

Scobes

I've never worried about when packages arrive - cause there is no great need to have the cards. After about a month, if I haven't received them yet, I'll probably contact the person to see if they sent them out. Sometimes they've forgotten, sometimes they've just taken a long time to get here. But, whatever! I feel that as long as I get the other end of a deal at some point, it doesn't really matter if it's 3 days or 43 days - it's not life or death if I don't have those cards!

Scobes

+1

I'm usually OK with a trade coming in an extra few days later. I know sometimes I try to send out on a Saturday for a trade accepted on Thursday and my kid gets really sick so I send on Monday. It happens.

So based on that, I allow for people to take up to about a week. If I hit 9-10 days, I'll push out a message for help. There was one time I never received my end and I contacted the mods, this was about 3.5 years ago. Turns out the mail got lost on the other trader. It was the start of a domino effect: the post office was the main culprit. I mailed out of an army post and someone(somebodies) had long fingers. Over the course of the next two months, I was losing upwards of 25% of my packages (going out and coming in) and getting other packages sent back to me. I sent everything with insurance for a while because the next closest PO was 30 minutes away - leaving post time and traffic.

Now I moved off post and use the two post offices near me. One is really good but is only open between 0900 and 1400 Monday through Friday and 0900 - 1200 on Saturday. The other one has return issues but is a 24 hour post office with windows open from 0900 - 1800 Monday through Friday, 0900 - 1500 on Saturday. But about every 15th package comes back because it is a bubble mailer that did not exceed 3/4", which that post office has a guy who interprets the rule as cannot send unless 3/4" instead of sending it out a different method which solves the 3/4" rule.

Life gets in the way. Post offices can suck. We're not losing our money by missing out those extra couple days. So I take this in mind and give the few days.

As my own rule, I send trades out the very next day the trade is confirmed. If something comes up and I can not do that, I let the other trader know. It really sucks when it is obvious that the other trader receives my package, marks that he has received his end, and then sends out the package to me. Why does he wait to get my cards first? What can you do about it? What do you really want to do about it? I usually end up getting a few doubles because of it but it is just the inconsideration of todays society. I see it every day, all day long. It is a reflection of what todays youth is used to.
Inconsiderate drivers! Inconsiderate people at the market! It is horrible!
I hope I NEVER get used to it!!!

I've been having some issues with my local PO - one trade, sent First Class, took a full 4 weeks to arrive in NJ, and the PO had no explanation. Other trades seem to take longer than I'd expect to arrive. I've been told that it's due to their routing of outbound mail (Felton to Santa Cruz to San Jose) and that it can take two days for the packages to get out of San Jose. I guess that's just postal efficiency... :rolleyes:

I'm also out of town frequently with work, which means if I set up a trade while I'm away, mailing has to wait until I get home. That usually isn't more than a day or two, though, and I'll always let the other trader know there will be a slight delay.

The first three words of James's post say it all - "Communication is key".

I do not really mind when I receive it as long as it does not go to far (past about a month). I understand people are busy and things can come up. The only thing I ask for is communication when the trade is not mailed within 10 or so days.

I don't think it's people being inconsiderate, they can only mail at certain times and I am alright with that.

That sums it up for me for the most part too. I probably wouldn't wait a month for something before I at least asked about it, but I can see checking in after 10-14 days.

Sometimes I get right to the PO, other times it takes me several days. The PO is not conveniently located and is only open during my work hours. I guess if someone has no job, then that wouldn't matter much, but I have to go when I have time at work.

If I felt someone was purposefully sending late or perhaps had a habit of waiting until their end arrived before sending out, especially with other "established" traders, I might say something then. Otherwise I am not usually in any great hurry to get an item.

Scobes