Review Topps Archives - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topps Archives - M L B

24 packs / 8 cards per pack
2 Fan Favorites Autos per box!

I received the following:

164 unique base cards - no duplicates!!:D
4 designs for the base set
img286.jpg

img287.jpg

Topps Archives is a glimpse of the rich history of Topps and baseball cards. This issue combines current players and many of the giants of MLB history - Ruth, Mays, Mantle, etc.... Each card has the complete pro/MLB stats of the player and for the sport that prides itself on history and stats - that's pretty cool. The front of the card is glossy and the reverse is matte finish.

The base cards are grouped in 50's -- for those struggling with math... 1-50 is one design, 51-100, 101 - 150, and 151-200 - each as a different design. This is much better than scattering the different designs throughout the set.

Short Prints

img288.jpg

One only receives 6 SP's per box. There are a total of 50 SP's. There are even some SSP's - super short prints - Harper is one of them. No, I did not get one of the SSP's.
I received Kingman, Howard, Joyner, M. Williams, Tiant, Kruk.

INSERTS

Deckle Edge / 3 D

img289.jpg

3 D
Mays, Kemp Sabathia
Deckle Edge
Mauer, Napoli

67 Sticker / Cloth sticker

img290.jpg

67 Sticker
Tulo, Ichiro, Sandoval

Cloth Sticker
Lee, Ellsbury, Braun, Castro

Gold Parallels // Archives Reprints

img291.jpg

Gold
Ackley, Pinenda
Archives Reprints
Murray, Feller, Berra, Clemente, Snider, Palmer

Fan Favorite Autos

img292.jpg

George Bell
Lance Parrish

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Topps Archives is an excellent issue for the set builder - IF you don't want all of the SP's. One can get the history of MLB via this issue. 2 boxes should provide you set of the base cards with enough for trading. I have about 100+ extras if some of you want to complete your sets.

The inserts - just about the right amount. I like the Deckle edge cards - and the 3-D cards -- both look great. If one did not know better, the Deckle edge cards look to be autographed in blue Sharpee - they are not, but they look like it! I also like the gold parallels... if one is going to complete a gold parallel set - wow - what a hill to climb for that set!

Now for the best part - the autos are on the card in blue Sharpee and they look fantastic!!! Thank you, that's the way it should be done.

Overall grade A- need a few more SP's in the box.

Go buy several boxes and send me the Rays gold parallels ( I already have the Longo parallel.)

Duane

What are you looking for the reprint feller?

Topps has picked some nice sets/subsets to use. Those 3-D cards are awesome. I wish they had used that test design in a regular set instead of those only being $1000+ test cards. I have longed for the Willie Davis (probably one of the "cheaper" cards in that set) for years. I like the sticker design too. I remember lineage had cloth stickers and minis and some other neat tributes to the old Topps stuff. Maybe we will see some 65T embossed or a standard sized version of the 71 Greatest Moments designs in future releases! There are still plenty of great 70s test issue designs to choose from (puzzles, stamps, tattoos, candy lids - how cool would those be now!) Seeing the less commonly found items is even better.

i got the feller reprit and the dye's in the mail yesturday thank you duane. Let me know if you have any other indians from any of the boxes you have broke i have a few die cuts up for trade from my box break