Transfer feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeah thats the one.. thought it was $20. I didn't have DC, thats what I said. The buyer later emailed me after the claim was settled and I refunded the money saying he did get the card, and I was then out the money AND the card. That was during a very bad time where every dime counted too. Was just making a point that a solid member turned evil... and I dont think he has been active now so he got over on me then bolted

I'm not positive but based on how I've heard/seen how the mod team works here, I'm pretty sure if that's the case, assuming you kept the correspondence, they would revisit the issue.

I'm not positive but based on how I've heard/seen how the mod team works here, I'm pretty sure if that's the case, assuming you kept the correspondence, they would revisit the issue.

This was a while ago, and I had to reformat my computer since, so the email is gone. I had a very hard time with this back then. The mod really gave me no options. basically just refund money though I showed receipt and all. How many trades has that user made since our ordeal?! My guess is zero. Shady, eh? That bad trade and bad experience with the mod almost made me leave the Bench.

I wouldn't be sorry. It's a forum for suggestions and feedback. You can see the mixed feelings here. This is the spot to open up a thread like this.

I don't always agree with what the moderators do here, but in general it's a good site and I enjoy it.

I fail to see the big deal in this case as ragtop did as well. I'd say more of my 500+ deals were purchases or sales than trades. I am not going to go back and count them up just to see, but that is just my preference. I am probably harder to trade with because I don't have too many handy wantlists, tend to want more obscure items and when offering items for trade, often don't get any hits and find it easier to sell. I buy for that same reason.

Don't get all sensitive on my folks, but...I'd like to see the mods a little more open to some of the suggestions rather than give us the "thats the way it's been" reasons though. I'd be curious to see some of the discussions behind the scenes between those folks, because I see a lot of likemindedness (yes, probably not a real word, but it works for the thought) in general. I've seen some really good suggests brushed aside and at least one finally came to fruition later after being beat down several times.

Sharing ideas and thoughts makes for a stronger group, that is for sure.

One last thought though...for a trading community, I do at times see an fair amount of publicly displayed anti trading attitudes, like the whole "won't check buckets" campaign that happened a while back and some other similar mindsets of "I won't do this, I won't trade AT SV or BV, etc. Maybe you are not willing to do that to make a trade, but does it have to be announced or put into a signature? Probably not.

You know I'm really sorry for starting this thread

This was a while ago, and I had to reformat my computer since, so the email is gone. I had a very hard time with this back then. The mod really gave me no options. basically just refund money though I showed receipt and all. How many trades has that user made since our ordeal?! My guess is zero. Shady, eh? That bad trade and bad experience with the mod almost made me leave the Bench.

Obed, not to beat a dead horse regarding that trade issue of yours but showing a postal receipt just shows that you mailed the guy his cards, not that it ever showed up there. Either I have bad luck, or my local PO is just the worst ever, but I have had multiple packages not make it to people. It's just common practice that if it doesn't arrive I replace or send back their cards. If you had saved the Email of him saying he had thew card then everything would have turned out differently.

Mopar--So which good suggestions have you seen brushed aside by the mod team? I have no problem with suggestions but just because something gets mentioned by a handful of people, but not changed, does not mean we are not taking ideas into consideration.

Again, I have no problems with people bringing up issues and ideas but this thread, at times, has been rather negative towards The Bench is some ways. I would just like to remind everyone that none of us get paid and we put in a lot of time here.

Matt,

The Bench is a great place and we all appreciate being able to gather at a site of similar interested people and trade/buy/sell and at no cost to us. You can't beat that at all. However, it's not a perfect site either and there are issues and not everyone is going to agree or like all of the policies/rules/etc. I would expect that anywhere. We, as members, help make the site what it is and do feel as though our voices should be heard, even if we don't own the place, pay to be here or moderate. Without good members, a regular trade site is just an address in cyberspace that nobody visits! It's like baseball. The players go out and play ball and do the "real work", but without the umps, owners, fans, stadium staff, etc...it just isn't the same. It might as well be stick ball in a dirt lot then.

As for the good ideas, I honestly don't remember exactly what they were, but I know I supported several that got a big thumbs down. I moved on when they were shot down. The one I was referring to that made it eventually was a forum specific for autographed cards (TTM/IP), which was shot down before it was implemented if I remember correctly. I'm glad that one got some reconsideration, because I feel it is a great addition.

Mopar--So which good suggestions have you seen brushed aside by the mod team? I have no problem with suggestions but just because something gets mentioned by a handful of people, but not changed, does not mean we are not taking ideas into consideration.

Again, I have no problems with people bringing up issues and ideas but this thread, at times, has been rather negative towards The Bench is some ways. I would just like to remind everyone that none of us get paid and we put in a lot of time here.

Matt,

The Bench is a great place and we all appreciate being able to gather at a site of similar interested people and trade/buy/sell and at no cost to us. You can't beat that at all. However, it's not a perfect site either and there are issues and not everyone is going to agree or like all of the policies/rules/etc. I would expect that anywhere. We, as members, help make the site what it is and do feel as though our voices should be heard, even if we don't own the place, pay to be here or moderate. Without good members, a regular trade site is just an address in cyberspace that nobody visits! It's like baseball. The players go out and play ball and do the "real work", but without the umps, owners, fans, stadium staff, etc...it just isn't the same. It might as well be stick ball in a dirt lot then.

As for the good ideas, I honestly don't remember exactly what they were, but I know I supported several that got a big thumbs down. I moved on when they were shot down. The one I was referring to that made it eventually was a forum specific for autographed cards (TTM/IP), which was shot down before it was implemented if I remember correctly. I'm glad that one got some reconsideration, because I feel it is a great addition.

I agree, I was hoping you could list previous suggestions so I could address them here. Lots of things get forgotten over time, or I might not have been Manager when some issues were brought up.

The Bench is not perfect but we are always striving for ways to improve and provide more for our members. Some things have been halted or slowed due to the departure of Mark Wing who did almost all of the technical work here. Learning how to do some of the things Mark could do in a minute sometimes takes Nick or myself a long time to figure out. Granted we are learning tons about vBulletin but it's a crash course to say the least:)