Triple Thread Beatdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Not since the 06 pairing of Garvey with Don Mattingly have I felt so wronged by Topps on a pairing. There were about 10 1/1 cards and I lost every single one to a Mattingly fan.

Donruss ran a close second by putting 2 dual auto cards #'d to 5 out showing Garvey with Robin Roberts (Seen 2 sell and I own one) and Kirk Gibson (seen 1 ever and I lost out).

This almost guarantees I don't add this card and it's lesser numbered parallel cousins to my collection. Thanks Topps! YOU SUCK!

Koufax!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Triple...US_Baseball&hash=item2567f9027d#ht_720wt_1254

That is a tough pairing. Vintage stars with new stars (especially Kershaw and Kemp) will make it tough on player collectors. Good luck!

Yep, Triple Threads is going to be tough, O'Neill has 27 versions, all numbered /18 or less. I will have to pick and choose if I decide to pursue them. I can only imagine if he had cards with guys like Ruth/DiMaggio.

I am mad Topps used the exact same photo for all of O'Neill's Lineage, Marquee, and Triple Threads cards. It's not even a great photo.

From a player collectors view, that's brutal. At least he's getting some respect by being put in the company of those players, but I'm sure that is of little concellation.

Todd

I say Good Luck to anyone who collects multiplayer cards! Yes, the pairing is weird.

Kind of makes me glad that I collect someone with so many cards that I can focus on just adding new ones instead of the percentages. I understand the frustration though!

Kind of makes me glad that I collect someone with so many cards that I can focus on just adding new ones instead of the percentages. I understand the frustration though!

No doubt... especially with this group on one card:

- Jackie Robinson
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Morgan
- Chase Utley
- Dustin Pedroia
- Robinson Cano

Gehrig has to be brutal!

Rickey has had some pretty tough ones over the year... w/ Ty Cobb for example. Willie Mays, Barry Bonds, Tony Gwynn, Bo Jackson, Jose Canseco... all of those guys have a great following. I rarely ever snagged one of those duals. He had lots with Lou Brock, but those were easier to obtain.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online