What do y’all think of this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nomahlovesyah

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

Busy few days with the PSA/SGC rumors and Topps issuing an apology around the First Run cards. I made a video about it; curious what you all think about how this will affect card values???

I hope you are right on the SGC Vintage values going up or at least staying the same. I was thinkig they would drop but I sure hope you are correct about this.

I forwarded your video to my brother who has sent in a lot of vintage cards to SGC. They are quite strict on their grading and if they go down in value that would be a real shame.

From what I've seen BGS lags behind those 2 in grading quality. I got a BGS graded 1970-71 Topps Wilt Chamberlain from our LCS and later on the LCS picked up the same card with the same grade from PSA........a 6.5 I think. I compared my BGS Wilt to his PSA Wilt and mine looked like crap compared to his with the exact same grade. So it really looks like PSA is going to have a monopoly on grading with this aquisition.

I hope you are right on the SGC Vintage values going up or at least staying the same. I was thinkig they would drop but I sure hope you are correct about this.

I forwarded your video to my brother who has sent in a lot of vintage cards to SGC. They are quite strict on their grading and if they go down in value that would be a real shame.

From what I've seen BGS lags behind those 2 in grading quality. I got a BGS graded 1970-71 Topps Wilt Chamberlain from our LCS and later on the LCS picked up the same card with the same grade from PSA........a 6.5 I think. I compared my BGS Wilt to his PSA Wilt and mine looked like crap compared to his with the exact same grade. So it really looks like PSA is going to have a monopoly on grading with this aquisition.
I fully agree with you! Yeah I think if they eliminate SGC it will actually help the value of your brother’s cards b/c the gold standard for vintage will be….well, vintage 😂