Your Greatest Card Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I just got laughed at by the chick I went to Target with when I bought a $15 Series 1 Value Box with a couple of Heritage packs. Pulled a Pujols #331 SP out of the 1st pack I opened.

2001 Donruss Classics Classic Combos Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig dual jersey, dual bat, #25/50. Booked at $1,600.

2001 Leaf Certified Materials Hank Aaron 3-color Patch #24/44.

2001 Topps Tribute was a gold mine for me. Ruth bat, Gehrig bat, Mattingly Patch /30. I was a Evil Empire magnet.

I bought one pack of 2003 Finest and pulled the Mike Schmidt on-card auto.

Mine would have to be the Robinson Cano 2003 Topps Traded Chrome Refractor...completely unexpected and love it when I pull rare cards of my favorite players

My best pull came from a 69 cent pack....1992 score....pulled the Joe DiMaggio auto....traded at a card show for $200 cash and $300 in trade

03 diamond kings Ty Cobb bat
06 topps sterling Johnny Bench 1/1 auto/gu
10 tristar obak Cal Ripken red 1/5 auto

Bought one box of 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft shortly after it came out. Pulled a Mike Stanton Refractor AU for my PC. The box also yielded an Evan Longoria AU RC to boot.

My best pull ever was a 1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Peyton Manning/Tim Couch, back before everybody figured out Tim Couch sucked. Got it from a single pack. Sold it for $200.

I've never pulled a 1/1, my rarest pull was probably a Kordell Stewart 1997 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Green/15. I think I traded it for a tough Brett Favre which I then traded for one or two really rare Dilfers for my collection.

My best baseball pull was a Topps All Time Fan Favorites Brooks Robinson SP autograph, I think it booked for $150 at the time. Got it out of a retail pack! Ended up trading it for my first Barry Zito autograph (back when his stuff was hot) and cash.

Sadly I've never pulled anything particularly awesome that I actually collect.

Richard

It was either 1999 or 2000 when I was at a card show with my brother. The dealer we was talking to said Mystique just been released and he had about a half of box left. We decided to buy a pack each at $7.50. He reached in and pulled .........nothing significant out of his pack. I remember telling him, "you're doing it wrong. You just have to go for it!" And I randomly reached in, pulled my pack, opened it and found a nice Alex Rodriguez GU batting glove. Stitching, lettering, 3 or 4 colors and all! BV on it was $250! This was when he was still with Seattle and considered a baseball icon. Man was my brother mad. :)

Last edited: