35th National Sports Collector Convention in Cleveland 2014: Who Is Going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
They started a thread like this on another board I post at, figured I'd do it here too.

Post here if you're going. Might be cool to have a Bench meetup one day.

As of right now, I'm almost certainly going for the full week. I was going to roadtrip it with some friends (Texas to Ohio can be done in a day or two easily; my wife and I did it a year and a half ago), but it looks like they're out, so I'm just going to fly in, rent a car, and either try to split hotel with someone from here or the other board or stay with my dad. He lives about a half hour east of Cleveland, but to me an hour drive each way is better than paying full for a hotel.

It'll be the fourth Cleveland National I've been to. Did a single day in 1997, and had the VIP pass in 2001 and 2004. Planning on going Super VIP this time.

For anyone who doesn't know, I may live in Texas but I'm a Cleveland native. If you need advice on things to go and see aside from the IX Center, let me know and I'll hook you up. Restaurants are my area of expertise though I could name plenty of sports-related things as well. For autograph collectors, I'm planning on trying to 'graph at least one Indians game while I'm there too. If any of you want to go with, let me know.

Anyways, post here if you're going and I'll try to keep a running list at the bottom of the thread.

LIKELY GOING
HockeyBrawler (whole week)
RHauch (single day)
Brettfan (whole week)

What are the dates for the show? My mom lives south of Cleveland and maybe I will try to make it out there.

I will be going. Live about 45 minutes west of Cleveland. Not sure if it will be for one day or for the week. Most likely will be a one day visit.

Would love to meet up with some fellow "Benchies".

Ron

Sorry guys! I'm in California.......one of theses days.....I'm hoping it will be closer one of theses days.....Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco or maybe even Texas. Best regards, David

I'm going, booked my hotel this past weekend. Will be there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I lost count but I've been to both Baltimore Nationals, at least three in Cleveland (this will be my 4th) and numerous Chicago ones. If you want to organize a get together I'd be happy to participate but I've tried doing this several times and virtually no one shows up. Too bad for them because I've really enjoyed the people I have met that way.

Always look forward to the National,
Melissa

I'd like to try to set something up, even just a quick meet-up among members by the snack bar or something. Once more people are set, we can figure out what day/time works best for the most people.

Bumping this up since we're a little less than 4 months out. Got a bunch of autograph signers named and tickets on sale. Still no info on the VIP signers unfortunately.

I cant make it, but man, to look at their site its every. player. ever!! Have fun and safe travels to all who go!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Looks like the first three VIP free signers have been named-- Rick Waits, Andy Van Slyke, and Howard Johnson. I need Van Slyke and Hojo for the sets I'm doing, so that's good. Unfortunately they're each in two sets, so I'll have to hope I can get them with the Mariners at some point (first chance will be next week). Maybe I'll see if I can trade my Waits for an extra of one of those two guys.

Got my flight booked last week! Next up: hotel and car.

Added to the VIP signers: Dale Murphy, Carlos Baerga, Billy Sims, Len Barker, and Jim Stillwagon.

Bumping it up, we're less than six weeks away!

Anyone else thinking about going?

For VIP's, the full list of free signers is complete now.

I will be going. Live about 45 minutes west of Cleveland. Not sure if it will be for one day or for the week. Most likely will be a one day visit.

Would love to meet up with some fellow "Benchies".

Ron

I saw where Len Barker is one of the guests. You can finally get him !!