Blue Wahoo autographs & Visiting Southern Leaguers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nice haul! I'll be back in Pensacola next week for the homestand vs the Biscuits.
That picture of the Juans and Corcino cracks me up. They asked me to drive them to their apartment the night before I left Pensacola. I could not do it because me car was filled up with all my stuff so the 3 of them walked home through downtown pensacola.

Reading this story again, and thinking of all your successes with the Wahoos, Brian, now that you are working for them especially, makes me appreciate the approachability (if that is even a word!!) of minor league players! It is a lot of fun to go to the smaller parks and meet players....we have an Independent League team about 55 minutes from home, and when we went last summer, our daughter loved giving the pitchers and catchers high fives when they were waiting in the bullpen (bench next to left field wall!). The guys spent time talking to us, and both of our children got pictures with them (Ellie was almost 2, Jeremiah was about 3 months!). It is a great experience, and a blessing that baseball is still so accessible to fans, it makes children really love the game more if the players are friendly and approachable!

Very cool stuff, thanks for posting!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Reading this story again, and thinking of all your successes with the Wahoos, Brian, now that you are working for them especially, makes me appreciate the approachability (if that is even a word!!) of minor league players! It is a lot of fun to go to the smaller parks and meet players....we have an Independent League team about 55 minutes from home, and when we went last summer, our daughter loved giving the pitchers and catchers high fives when they were waiting in the bullpen (bench next to left field wall!). The guys spent time talking to us, and both of our children got pictures with them (Ellie was almost 2, Jeremiah was about 3 months!). It is a great experience, and a blessing that baseball is still so accessible to fans, it makes children really love the game more if the players are friendly and approachable!

Very cool stuff, thanks for posting!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Yes, I have strict rules to follow now as an employee but basically I can't do anything before the game anymore. I have to be completely changed out of my work clothes and need to be outside the stadium after the game, its no big deal, I still get to meet and greet these guys. Their girlfriends are almost more entertaining than they are, some of them are barely out of high school.

Yes, I have strict rules to follow now as an employee but basically I can't do anything before the game anymore. I have to be completely changed out of my work clothes and need to be outside the stadium after the game, its no big deal, I still get to meet and greet these guys. Their girlfriends are almost more entertaining than they are, some of them are barely out of high school.

Shoot, some of the players are barely out of high school! I imagine there are some pretty wild characters, and the girls they attract may have their own set of circumstances too!

Shoot, some of the players are barely out of high school! I imagine there are some pretty wild characters, and the girls they attract may have their own set of circumstances too!

Let me know if you ever want to do any 50/50s, check out the southern league and let me know.

I noticed that Storm was coaching, those are some great successes, Brian! Thanks for posting, this is a great thread! I would love to look back at this in a few seasons and see which minor leaguers you got that are now tearing it up in the Bigs!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

I noticed that Storm was coaching, those are some great successes, Brian! Thanks for posting, this is a great thread! I would love to look back at this in a few seasons and see which minor leaguers you got that are now tearing it up in the Bigs!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

That's a great question, I didn't start graphing until 2013 and of course Billy Hamilton was in P'cola in 2012 so I missed him. I missed Cingrani too but you never know about these young kids. Robert Stephenson has been the #1 or #2 prospect for like the 2nd year in a row and he continues to disappoint, don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. Waldrop and Winker will be studs some day, one of them will probably take Jay Bruce's job.

That's a great question, I didn't start graphing until 2013 and of course Billy Hamilton was in P'cola in 2012 so I missed him. I missed Cingrani too but you never know about these young kids. Robert Stephenson has been the #1 or #2 prospect for like the 2nd year in a row and he continues to disappoint, don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. Waldrop and Winker will be studs some day, one of them will probably take Jay Bruce's job.

Very cool, yes, Billy Hamilton is definitely the biggest name in recent years to come out of the minors near you, and a great player all around! It is cool to see the level of talent that you get to watch developing close to home!!

Very neat stuff, Brian, so glad you are getting some great successes, and also happy to know that the players and coaches are good to the fans!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Very neat stuff, Brian, so glad you are getting some great successes, and also happy to know that the players and coaches are good to the fans!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Thanks Kevin. Pensacola is a very fan friendly place to get IPs.