How to get rid of Large items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tampafan1

Bench Warmer
Hey all,

I was wondering what the best way to sell large items was. Specifically, I have a Jim Brown and Jerry Rice Signed and Custom Framed Jerseys, each of which are framed with different patches, 8x10's. They are really heavy and probably measure about 36 x 48" in length. Wouldnt really feel comfortable having to ship them, since the glass might break and it would probably cost a fortune. Craigslist seems like a nightmare, and the newspaper is so 1950's. They are very nice custom pieces that I had framed up back when I was a kid and didnt have anything else to blow my money on LOL. Now I realize I have NO room for them, and I'm not even a Browns or 49ers fan. Probably spent about $500+ each on them and thats only b/c the frame shop was having a big sale. These things are sweet to have, just a pain to get rid of. Any ideas?!

Since you are in Florida, I would start calling up local memorabilia stores or guys who set up at card shows to get interest that way... or else you might have to resort to Craigslist. :p

You might want to check with your local card shops or framers- they might take the pictures in on consignment, hang them in their stores and if they sell, they get a piece of the profit.

Just realize that even with solid certifications, they will not bring in a ton of money right now. I'd be all over the Rice, but I'm in Kansas and I as well am not a fan of shipping glass across the country.