I feel like I've cheated on my girlfriend...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpr1981

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
So in an attempt to broaden my range of people who see what I have available I joined Blowout Cards forum last month. I've sold a few things as well as made a few trades/purchases but it still feela wrong! Lol

There are a few things I've noticed over there that are glaring differences from the things going on over here at The Bench.

1. They have no trade manager...for someone who is constantly going and such, having the trade manager there to remind me about the deals I've made REALLY helps.

2. People here at The Bench are muuuuuuch nicer, here it seems as though more people treat it as a hobby rather than a business. (which is how it should be)

3. If you are selling on their site you are required to list the prices you want or their mods will close your thread without warning. I can understand both aide of this argument but it's definitely a cause for uproar when you don't know any better. (I've seen four threads closed in the past week)

With all of that being said...I will probably continue using Blowout Cards simply to get my stuff out to more people but The Bench will always be "Home" for me.

Thanks for the great site fellas!

Colvin

Last edited:
Yes, I have memberships on a number of the other sites and I agree this is best. I have met some decent folks on the other sites but nothing like here. I feel that the jerks of the hobby have a hard time here and that is fine with me!

I agree with all you said and that is why the bench is and always be the best trading site around. I use other sites but i always hang around here more than any others because this is home.

Dennis

I'm not a fan of the other boards either, though sometimes they have more action especially in terms of selling. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off on FCB recently. I'm still holding out hope, but I'm getting pretty worried. It was only $20 so I'm bummed, but not too down. It was for 4 mid/lowish end autos, but I first got worried when they sent me this message after I told him I'd changed my address and sent him the correct address: "oh ok i was gonna use the address from paypal. Is that a for sure address so the cards don't get lost." I feel like that's a set up so he can just say that oh, you must have given me the wrong address and they just got lost, or some related excuse. We'll see. Never gotten ripped off here and I've never been worried that I would be,

Addison

So in an attempt to broaden my range of people who see what I have available I joined Blowout Cards forum last month. I've sold a few things as well as made a few trades/purchases but it still feela wrong! Lol

There are a few things I've noticed over there that are glaring differences from the things going on over here at The Bench.

1. They have no trade manager...for someone who is constantly going and such, having the trade manager there to remind me about the deals I've made REALLY helps.

2. People here at The Bench are muuuuuuch nicer, here it seems as though more people treat it as a hobby rather than a business. (which is how it should be)

3. If you are selling on their site you are required to list the prices you want or their mods will close your thread without warning. I can understand both aide of this argument but it's definitely a cause for uproar when you don't know any better. (I've seen four threads closed in the past week)

With all of that being said...I will probably continue using Blowout Cards simply to get my stuff out to more people but The Bench will always be "Home" for me.

Thanks for the great site fellas!

Colvin

Point #2 is the main reason I love this site so much. The people here are great, I've almost never come across any jerks here, and everyone is nice to each other.

I'm still a member of SCF (sportscardforum) as I joined it about a year before I found "The Bench", and it used to be very good, with a nice trading community. Lately for some reason it has been overtaken with the business end of the hobby, which is an aspect of this hobby I have no interest in. :)

Viva "The Bench"!

I first started at Beckett, then they changed over to that new site so I came here. I decided to go back to beckett to see what it was like and the people on the bench are way way nicer and complain A LOT less than the people on beckett.

The Bench is a great place to be!!!

The bench is by far the best group of traders on the net.I'm on other sites but i browse this one more then any of them.

From my time on the boards, I have had nearly double the amount of trades/sales/purchases on the Bench than any other trade site. This seems to be the only place where traders truly do desire to help others with their collection. Most others are just in the business of flipping the hottest player's card for above market prices. The thing I love about the Bench is that there are a lot of people here who are happy with a new base card of their favorite player/set/team whereas other sites generally have collectors who think that practice is a "waste of time".

i'm over there under the same name...i got to the point here where i couldn't find any more Bradshaw stuff I needed and it's been almost impossible to get any trades done here for a while now...I still visit every day here, but I do more buying and trading on BO for now....you get some good info at both places though...and people here are much nicer for sure, a lot more laid back.

Sorry to spoil the feel good party folks, but as a member of several forums this place ranks third for me. Why? With the exception of Beckett, I have never been a member at a place where I have had so many posts and especially PMs go unanswered... don't understand it, but I think it is pretty disappointing...

I find The Bench the Least "annoying" site to trade on, I believe a good portion of that is the way we have the site set up to be specifically geared towards trading sports/non sports card, and Card talk/Sports talk. No Religion, politics, etc to clutter up the forums, no fancy GIF's in Signatures, just trading/selling collectibles essentially. I do use other forums to supplement My online trading, but will always call The Bench home.

I do hear from a number of traders that people aren't answering PM's or threads, but I believe that mostly to be specific traders, not a community as a whole. There is a large group of people on this site that I have been dealing with for a very long time, people I talk to on the phone once or twice a week, even though we've never met each other in person.

Thats mostly what I like about The Bench, The People, especially the Trader's who stick around for a long period of time, develop relationships. I get lots of PM's from friends who have specifically picked up Maddux or Lee Cards for me, and I do the same when I see something I know a Bench Member would appreciate.

-Nick

I can relate to everyone so far, in that I am a member of several other sites, and that The Bench is the best one by far. I've picked up more Ryan's here than anywhere else, and the community as a whole is much easier to deal with. 99% of us seem to be on the same page, as well as trust-worthy and understanding.

I agree that the unanswered posts and threads are frustrating, and it's something I have limited patience with. I also agree that it's specific traders, and not this site as a whole. I think it's a common courtesy to reply to all posts and PM's, and i'm sure it comes back to bite the people that don't in the end...

You can't go wrong with The Bench. I'm sure i'm not alone in saying thanks to all of the great members!

First site was the old Beckett site! Lots of good information and loyal members during the first 5 years. Did a little trading there....when it changed and began to be more difficult.....Decided to move like the majority of Beckett members and found this site with its friendly members and The Trade manager. Its been my home for the least 4 years! Signed up at the other sites (freedomcardboard, topps, blowoutcards) just in case.. my internet explorer starts to act up again! Best regards, David

Each site probably has something to offer that one or all of the others don't. I simply don't want to spend the time reading though tons of posts on numerous sites, so I am probably missing out on opportunities.

Remember that many of the sites have members, like noted here, who trade on numerous sites. If you think you are hitting more potential traders/customers/chatters, then you are partially right, but there is definitely overlap too.

If you are not finding action on items you are trying to sell or trade here, I would certainly recommend trying other sites. Sometimes it's just who you catch at the right time, other times you might have junk nobody wants anywhere. Same goes for wants...if the site seems to have dried up, look elsewhere.

I call The Bench my only trading card forum home and really, it's the only site of this type where I spend any time. That is like trading with blinders on, but I figure this, COMC and ebay are enough. I am a single digit poster on every other board I have a membership with, other than Topps, which I gave up all together on about a year ago.

The best part about getting known as a certain collector on a single site is that you gain allies that tell you about things on other sites or direct other people to you!! It's nice when things come to you w/o having to go looking!!

Blowout's a great site for buying boxes but their message board does leave alot to be desired. By far the Bench is my home and though I visit other ones from time to time,this is where I do a majority of my trading.

Apparently folks on TCC don't like traders calling out other traders for blowing them off when trying to make a trade because I just got a 1 year suspension :).

I am on 8 different sites right now, including here at "THE BENCH"
On the other 7 sites (which I just signed up may be a month ago for all of them) I just have my wantlist posted along with links to my tradelists (here on THE BENCH).

Here at "THE BENCH" we are second to none when it comes to quality traders and great people...."THE BENCH" is by far the best when it comes to Baseball trading.

The other sites I am on:

Sportscardforum---I was a member there before here, just recently went back to put up wantlist...I have 52 trades there....everything there is pretty much the same as here as far as set-up...They are more big on Football and Hockey.

Sports Card Freaks--I posted on the welcome to the site, I received a whole 3 replies, also on there you can not edit your threads until you reach 10 trades I believe, the only site I am on that does this...not sure of the reasoning behind that...I have 1 trade there

Traders Retreat---I have 1 trade here and another whopping 3 replies to the welcoming thread.

Freedom Card Board-- No trade or even a reply to my wantlist...2 replies to the welcome thread and those two replies are from the members that know me here.

Trading Card Central-- A little better....2 trades and 14 replies to the welcome thread...Trade manager is a little different in which you use more of a thread to get the deal confirmed and confirm that you received your cards..takes a little getting use to

Blowout Cards-- 1 trade and 1 pending trade and 1 reply to the welcome thread...need to keep track of your trades as there is no trade manager

Sports Card Fun--- probably the third best site for me...I have 4 trades there...On this site though, you make a post and everything after that is done via E-MAIL

These are just my numbers and experience from these sites...Thank goodness for "THE BENCH", if I had to rely on these other sites, I would not be in this Hobby today, I would have given up on it.

Robert

I can't believe some of those other sites are still up. I remember being a member at sports card fun, sports card forum, trader retreat back in the dark days, a few of them even in the late 90s I believe. The action tended to fluctuate hugely, though I think it's mostly stabilized on a lot of them. I remember TR used to have a really cumbersome system and sports card fun or forum used to require references I think. I made a ton of trades on those sites though