I'm gonna have to be more careful.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Working on my latest piece of card art, and I was cutting up some 1989 Topps. After cutting one of the Turn Back the Clock Tony Olivas up,

89oliva.jpg

it was only then that I flipped it over:

89oliva1.jpg

Woops. :( I've been trying to keep it to strictly common cards that I cut - I certainly didn't mean to cut that one up. Guess I'm going to be paying more attention from now on.....

Tim

is that not a common?

As greatdad ponted out, it unfortuantely is not. The regular version features the normal Topps copywright line on the lower left hand side. This is the variation that des not. Extreme short print. Not sure of the BV, nor am I sure of the sale value.......I just know that there are many collectors out there that would have loved to complete their master sets with this one.

Tim

Thanks, Pete.....surprised it isn't more than that. $40 isn't really going to set anyone back, but that is still pretty pricey for an 89 Topps card!

Tim

I have to imagine the seller had to be sick after getting under $6 for that lot. -Chad

agreed....not sure on the scarcity of the others (and i'm not sure i'd consider the puckett a true error or variation but more of a mere print flaw) , but i do know that the welch is another toughie too.....

You mad cutting fool! $40 - isn't a common but in the scheme of things....

I thought you were going to show us a big bo bo caused by scissors.

Todd

As OriolesFan8 just pointed out, you got off pretty light!

You might list it on ebay anyway, who knows... maybe somebody will still pay a couple bucks until they can save up $40? Maybe not.......

Sorry, man. Look on the bright side: some folks have accidentally discarded much more valuable cards. Further, this dimension adds a great deal of meaning to your card art.