IPAUs with a red sharpie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I've been to many games recently, graphing coaches mostly since I have very little in prospects. Caught up with Miguel Tejada too while he is or was with Jacksonville....

collage_zps972903a4.jpg

collage2_zpsf3dc30e1.jpg

MguelTejada03_zps5b998799.jpg

MguelTejada01_zpsdec53e44.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

I like the red sharpie signatures.

Miguel Tejada has one of the ugliest signatures in baseball.

Yeah, agreed...its barely an M and a T.

I tried red because I have many Fasseros and DeShields in blue and black. I like it a lot. The Fossas sigs are cool too.

Good stuff. I tend not to venture too far outside my blue and gold comfort zone when it comes to Sharpies, but the red came out nice.

Cool idea Brian, I have not seen many in red, but a cool trend you may have started!

I definitely didn't start it but I like the idea of tailoring the sig color to the design of the card..just makes it pop a little more. I also think that like all ideas, some are good and some are bad...all in the eye of the beholder. I like most of these red ones but I will stick to blue on initial sigs of new guys.

I definitely didn't start it but I like the idea of tailoring the sig color to the design of the card..just makes it pop a little more. I also think that like all ideas, some are good and some are bad...all in the eye of the beholder. I like most of these red ones but I will stick to blue on initial sigs of new guys.

Yeah blue is good, but its smart if you are doing something IP to get a marker that will show up, its frustrating when you get something signed and can hardly see the signature because the marker doesnt show up well, so good thinking!

Yeah blue is good, but its smart if you are doing something IP to get a marker that will show up, its frustrating when you get something signed and can hardly see the signature because the marker doesnt show up well, so good thinking!

I carry blue, black, and red with me at all times. :)

I like the red sharpie, especially for St. Louis Cardinals autos. Would probably be great for Reds, Red Sox, Angels and some others. A few years ago, Shelby Miller was signing free, and didn't have anything out. So I made these custom 5x7s and a red sharpie and got them signed. I like them, but I do wonder long term, if they are displayed, if they will fade easier and/or turn to more of a pink. Right now, I have laid a black matte and a blue matte over them to look at them, and both look nice. A red matte gives it too much red, but I tend to lean towards black on most of them.

shelby%20miller%20autos%20red.jpg

I like the red sharpie, especially for St. Louis Cardinals autos. Would probably be great for Reds, Red Sox, Angels and some others. A few years ago, Shelby Miller was signing free, and didn't have anything out. So I made these custom 5x7s and a red sharpie and got them signed. I like them, but I do wonder long term, if they are displayed, if they will fade easier and/or turn to more of a pink. Right now, I have laid a black matte and a blue matte over them to look at them, and both look nice. A red matte gives it too much red, but I tend to lean towards black on most of them.

shelby%20miller%20autos%20red.jpg

Those are awesome! I never would have thought to do something like that, probably wouldn't have the time either, thanks for sharing!

Tony, you read my mind, I was thinking that you could get certain items signed in that team color, Brian I know you are a huge Reds fan, so that is where I thought you were going with the red sharpie, it might be fun to get certain cards that would look really good with that color signed.....unless I get Jamie Moyer on a Rockies card in purple!!

Tony, you read my mind, I was thinking that you could get certain items signed in that team color, Brian I know you are a huge Reds fan, so that is where I thought you were going with the red sharpie, it might be fun to get certain cards that would look really good with that color signed.....unless I get Jamie Moyer on a Rockies card in purple!!

I would be a little cautious about using it for Reds cards because you can have too much red....sometimes the really nice thing about a good auto is the contrast between the card colors and the sig.

I had a black-and-white Kenny Stabler cigar ad signed in the silver sharpie. It is one of my favorites, but the Snake would have been one anyway.

The red sharpie looks good.