Newbie from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbevo

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was referred to this site by current member sinocc. I like what I have seen and I'm looking forward to being active and trading. I have been active on SCF and BO prior to finding this site.

I am pretty new to the hobby in that I got started back just this year. I have a couple of young sons and at the beginning of this past baseball season we picked up some cards. Busted a blaster of Gypsy Queen and immediately became obsessed. The past 5-6 months have seen me totally immersed into the hobby. Have spent way too much on wax and spent way too many hours on-line, busting wax, collating, etc... I enjoy busting wax the most. I have had way more fun trading, selling and buying than I ever thought possible.

Still trying to define what direction I want to go with my collecting. I am mostly interested in set building, rookies and getting more interested by the day in vintage. I'm also interested in getting into grading.

I look forward to being a productive and useful member of this board.

Welcome to the Bench... its a great site. I too just got into the hobby within the last 6-8 months because of my 3 sons. I agree, its alot of fun and takes up way too much of my time. Enjoy yourself, everyone on here has been wonderful to me!!

Adam

Enjoy !!!

There are great people on this site !! You have the sons to be able to share your Passion !! So It will be GREAT time for all of you !! Sinocc is a great person to trade with as well !! I just completed a trade a few days ago !!
He is the man witha GOLDEN Touch . Don't lose the excitement !! Pass it on !! As far as which way to go , You are from TEXAS , Can't go wrong with the RANGERS !! I have a friends who collect both Rangers and Astro's . No matter which way you go , just have FUN !! Jeff:) :) :) :)

Welcome to The Bench!

Having kids can make you feel young, I collect more now with my 9 year old son that I ever did before!! - Daddy, that looks cool..can we do that set?

Never get tired of hearing it!!

Tim

Welcome to The Bench. When you figure out what you're after, we'll be here.