Question about trades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOMAR10

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hey Folks,
This incident has probably plagued alot of us-one trader not receiving his end of a deal.
I am currently in this position.I got mine and the other guy didn't.Now I trust the other trader and agreed to replace the cards he should've gotten.
I have no problem with this,having been on that side before.BUT nobody has ever offered to replace my missing end.
I'm curious what you guys have to say about this.
Thanks,RICK

Always replace or reimburse for cards that don't arrive. And always add tracking or insurance for cards worth more than you would want to replace.

I would have to know more about the circumstances where you lost cards. Normally, if your out cards and the other trader got his, he must either return the cards, replace with something else, or have a bad trade filed against him in which he has a choice of making good on The Bench or loosing his trading privileges. You can pm me if you want more specifics.

I think we all have had to "take one for the team" in this regard. It sucks. take the hit gracefully, replace or return the cards, and move on. And those of you who get angry & make threats about not getting your end, try to be a little patient, it's only cards.

i have had three or four packages i shipped in the last 2 years lost or not received. i have replaced them all at my own expense. sometimes, if you work with the other party, the cost of the lost cards can be shared but that is rare. the other party owes you those cards that got lost and you need to contact them asap and be nice but firm that your cards should be sent or replaced in some way. if not response or a disagreement arises, the Bench has a method for filing a bad trade complaint.

good luck!

I had a few ..where they never got the cards or I just forgot to mail the cards out (and now I can't find them).....I always send replacements after working it out with the other trader. Best regards, David

I've had it happen both ways. In either case I feel the right thing to do is BOTH parties eat some of the loss. But as stated earlier, on more expensive trades, dc is the absolute minimum so you can demonstrate the cards were actually sent.

If somebody sends and the other person doesn't receive, it is absolutely 100% up to the sender of the lost cards to make it right. The receiver should not have to eat any of the loss...how would you feel if you bought a card for $50 on eBay and you never got it, then the seller offered to refund you $25?

That being said, it's always a good idea to send with delivery confirmation (free when using the paypal shipping), especially if you are sending to a new trader or somebody who has maybe had some fishy trades. And I always insure larger trades that would cost a lot to replace if they are lost in the mail.

Richard