The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi, I'm Big A from BigACards.com. Some of the members of my site were talking about this charity drive. I was wondering if we could help you guys out. I'd like to start collecting and sending cards to The Bench from Big A's.
I was wondering who to talk to about this partnership. Also in working together on bad traders. If you could, PM me here or email me at: [email protected].

Thanks, Big A

Hi, I'm Big A from BigACards.com. Some of the members of my site were talking about this charity drive. I was wondering if we could help you guys out. I'd like to start collecting and sending cards to The Bench from Big A's.
I was wondering who to talk to about this partnership. Also in working together on bad traders. If you could, PM me here or email me at: [email protected].

Thanks, Big A

E-mail sent.

Tim

Thanks, Big A
I'm doing the same thing for SportsCardFreaks.com, so I could give you an answer.;) I contacted both Tailasen & Meliah, which I see that Tim is already taking care of you;).

***Unconfirmed info!***

From what I understand, the first edition of 2009 Upper Deck cards will have the final YSL cards from this year in them.

Tim

BD759 - As you can see, we already have a banner made promoting the Bench Charity Drive.

Before folks pile on, let's nip this in the bud. Do you really understand what you're undertaking, looking to complete a 6500-card insert set, spread out over a dozen or so different UD releases this year, where the average card probably books $4-$8?

If so, I wish you the best with it. Put a WTTF post in the Baseball Wants section and have at it.

Great. Like I said, good luck with it. Just be aware that the site is running the charity drive for the same set, so you might have a hard time finding folks around here willing to give up their doubles.

Matt,
It's been a while but I finally got a couple more hits from the want list:
492- Ruth
592 Gehrig

I will send them along with the following dupes:

It's posted in free cards.
:)
Mike

Someone just hooked me up with a box of YSL cards. It's a 100 card box (numbered 1 to 100). Are they included in this set? or are they something completely different? They look the same except they're blue where the gold trim is in the other cards.

Someone just hooked me up with a box of YSL cards. It's a 100 card box (numbered 1 to 100). Are they included in this set? or are they something completely different? They look the same except they're blue where the gold trim is in the other cards.

They are something completely different. They are a totally seperate stand alone set, unrelated to the set we are going after. Not only is the trim border a different color, I believe those cards do not have the codes on the back that you can enter on UD's website. It is the watered down, low-calorie, "light" version of the big one. You can pick them up on Beckett or most card shops for $19.95

Tim

If you are purchasing lots off of E-Bay to help build this set, watch out for sellers that are breaking up the 100 card box set, and selling them as lots or singles. Be sure to check the description of the cards if there is no picture available, they will all be # at 100 or less. If there is a decent picture the cards have a blue border instead of the original brown tones.

Tim

12 more on the way, posted in the free cards section. All still needed on the wantlist: 2008 YSL #'s 943, 2991, 3799, 3824, 3849, 3902, 4397, 4422, 4472, 4597, 5322, 5644

Aaron

Any word on how many cards we actually have yet? I know a local hobby shop is putting this set together and I might actually be able to get him to donate. I actually just talk him into signing up for the Bench. PLMK and keep up the good work guys...you guys rock

Russ

Any word on how many cards we actually have yet? I know a local hobby shop is putting this set together and I might actually be able to get him to donate. I actually just talk him into signing up for the Bench. PLMK and keep up the good work guys...you guys rock

Russ

First post in this thread has a link to our want list, at the top of that is our progress:)