The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

If we dont finish the set, will whatever is collected still be listed? Im thinking if we get at least 2500 cards from the set, a good $3,000 can be made.

At this point we will keep going until we finish. A finished set will have a more appeal to an auction house...and the bidders:)

At this point we will keep going until we finish. A finished set will have a more appeal to an auction house...and the bidders:)

I am aware of that, but while you'd like to think positive to complete the set, you also have to think realistically. There are just too many people going after this set including members from this site. Im not complaining about people keeping them since I would probably keep any Guidry I got.

I am aware of that, but while you'd like to think positive to complete the set, you also have to think realistically. There are just too many people going after this set including members from this site. Im not complaining about people keeping them since I would probably keep any Guidry I got.

Not sure what else you want me to say here, as of right now we are going for the whole set. The whole thing has not even been released yet:) When we first started this I said up front that this would be at least a 14-18 month undertaking. The charity will benfit more from a completed set sale and I don't see why time should have to be a factor.

If we dont finish the set, will whatever is collected still be listed? Im thinking if we get at least 2500 cards from the set, a good $3,000 can be made.

We WILL finish this set. Taliasen is doing a great job getting our cause publicized on the net and there are so many traders donating that there is no doubt in my mind that we will get it done. It will take at least until next year due to the cards being released in 09 UD Series 1. We've been at this for just a couple of months and we already have more that 1/3 of the set.

Thanks,

Not sure what else you want me to say here, as of right now we are going for the whole set. The whole thing has not even been released yet:) When we first started this I said up front that this would be at least a 14-18 month undertaking. The charity will benfit more from a completed set sale and I don't see why time should have to be a factor.

The novelty of the complete set will die a little by then since they have stated the first individual who completes the set will get a "fantasy experience to Yankee Stadium"
I am not trying to kill anything here, Im just questioning, and am trying to encourage others to give their cards to this amazing cards rather than trying to trade it. As it was said in the beginning of this thread, and I will quote Frank: " For every person willing to give to a charitable cause, there is another who's only charity is themselves. Please make your decision carefully."

Last edited:
The novelty of the complete set will die a little by then since they have stated the first individual who completes the set will get a "fantasy experience to Yankee Stadium"
I am not trying to kill anything here, Im just questioning, and am trying to encourage others to give their cards to this amazing cards rather than trying to trade it. As it was said in the beginning of this thread, and I will quote Frank: " For every person willing to give to a charitable cause, there is another who's only charity is themselves. Please make your decision carefully."

We are not going for the the fantasy experience to Yankee Stadium, any of the game tickets/trips or other prizes. I have already told Chris from UD so. In fact, any prizes we have already received, the special commerative Yankee Jersey and the limited edition commerative Yankee Stadium Legacy original framed artwork both from UD and any autographed pictures that Tuff Stuff may donate will all be turned around and awarded to top donators from The Bench. I hope, through all of our hard work and marketing we already have out there, that no one thinks that we are doing this for our profit/benefit or a trip to Yankee stadium. There is a MUCH bigger picture and larger cuase out there then just baseball cards or even any legacy a historic building may have. It is that very cause that we hope will make people more inclined to donate. Some of us have a personal and vested inrterest in helping our cause. I appreaciate your opinions and you are entitled to them. Several of us though are still very excited about the charity drive and are trying to spread a positive/upbeat attitude toward it. Because I have a personal stake in the cause (my father has terminal brain cancer), I will do anything and everything in my power to see this project be a completed success.

Tal

Last edited:
Nice post. Every time I pull one of these there is a little voice in the back of my head that says, "you could trade it for something you need on another site and no one would know". Then my conscious kicks in and I pretend that I'm having to tell my Mom that my Joey Cora needlist is more important that helping find a cure to a disease that has claimed half her family. I guess that is what your conscious is for.

We are not going for the the fantasy experience to Yankee Stadium, any of the game tickets/trips or other prizes. I have already told Chris from UD so. In fact, any prizes we have already received, the special commerative Yankee Jersey and the limited edition commerative Yankee Stadium Legacy original framed artwork both from UD and any autographed pictures that Tuff Stuff may donate will all be turned around and awarded to top donators from The Bench. I hope, through all of our hard work and marketing we already have out there, that no one thinks that we are doing this for our profit/benefit or a trip to Yankee stadium. There is a MUCH bigger picture and larger cuase out there then just baseball cards or even any legacy a historic building may have. It is that very cause that we hope will make people more inclined to donate. Some of us have a personal and vested inrterest in helping our cause. I appreaciate your opinions and you are entitled to them. Several of us though are still very excited about the charity drive and are trying to spread a positive/upbeat attitude toward it. Because I have a personal stake in the cause (my father has terminal brain cancer), I will do anything and everything in my power to see this project be a completed success.

Tal

I am not saying I am not for it, I am definately for it and would like to help any way I could if I had some cards. My grandmother has beaten cancer twice, so I pretty much know what it's like to have a loved one with cancer.

I have about 13 or 14 I will be donating, trying to get a bigger lot together before shipping. There is a local hobby shop by me who has about 100+ and I have been trying to talk him into donating but he doesn't seem to want to budge.

I have some cards that do not seem to be part of the list? They are #'d 4181HM and 3407HM etc. They do not match the wantlist. What are these?

I have some cards that do not seem to be part of the list? They are #'d 4181HM and 3407HM etc. They do not match the wantlist. What are these?

There are either 7 or 9 cards that are part of the "Historic Moments" subset. We are collecting this subset to go with the main set. So YES we need teh cards if you are willing to donate them!

Tal

I have about 13 or 14 I will be donating, trying to get a bigger lot together before shipping. There is a local hobby shop by me who has about 100+ and I have been trying to talk him into donating but he doesn't seem to want to budge.

We actually have a flier you can print off and take to him if you think it will help.

I guess I am just looking at our efforts differently. I am more of a "glass half full" rather than a "glass half empty" type of guy. Or at least in this case, it is not that do not have 75% of the set complete so far, but that we DO have 25% of the set complete after only 5 months!

Tal

Out of couriosity, how many more products will include the legacy set? I know Upper Deck X is coming out soon and I think they are including them but I know there has to be at least 3 more products.

Here are the 10 UD products that contain YSL cards.

UD Series I
UD First Edition
Spectrum
Piece of History
UD Series II
Legendary Cuts (HTA only)
SP Authentic
UDx
UD Masterpieces
SPx

Tal

Here are the 10 UD products that contain YSL cards.

UD Series I
UD First Edition
Spectrum
Piece of History
UD Series II
Legendary Cuts (HTA only)
SP Authentic
UDx
UD Masterpieces
SPx

Tal

Do not forget that Upperdeck Heroes also has them inserted at about 6 per box.

I will be sending these-
YSL 820, 845, 870, 895, 920, 945
YSL HM- 2835HM, 2946HM, 3407HM,4131HM, 4181HM