what would you pay for a flat rate box of hall of famers and one of 2000-newer cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Heres the deal ive been sorting and going through my cards and It looks like ill have enough for a few medium flat rate boxes.

One box would be nothing but 2000-newer cards. i might have enough for a couple of these

One would be nothing but hall of famers. Not future hall of famers but actual hall of famers.

One would be stars. I know stars can be a subjective term so here is a list of some players in the star pile. clemens,griffey jr, johan santana, vlad,sosa, helton, oswalt,pettite, glavine, howard,cabrera, bagwell, ripken, biggio, pudge,posada, mauer, chipper,ortiz, pedro, big unit, arod, young morneau,thome,frank thomas, andruw jones.

those are some of the names off the top of the pile

these cards have been stored away in boxes many for years so some will have dinged corners or chipping but a majority will be in good shape.

the star and hall of fame boxes would have cards from the late 80s-today

I can fit 4 600 ct boxes in a medium flat rate box so there will be 2000 or so cards in every lot. keeping in mind shipping is i believe 14 bucks on these boxes what would you pay? and if interested in actually buying i can get one together for you.

realistically, not much above shipping. $20 dlvd maybe for the HOF'ers. Base cards from the 80's-now are common, and all about condition. A box of Jim Palmer, Joe Morgan, Gaylord Perry, Don Sutton, Steve Carlton, Gary Carter, Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Tony Gwynn, Ripken, Fisk, Ryan, Yount, Brett, Molitor, Winfield, Dawson, Rice, Blyleven, Niekro base cards aren't high demand items. (Henderson, Ripken, Gwynn, Boggs,Sandberg rookies might help if they were included). Without knowing a lot more specifics, it's tough to guess. Are we talking Topps SP's from today? 1/box or tougher inserts? low #'ed inserts? Or a bunch of base 1981-1989 Topps and some All Time Fan Favorites/Topps Archives base cards tossed together?

realistically, not much above shipping. $20 dlvd maybe for the HOF'ers. Base cards from the 80's-now are common, and all about condition. A box of Jim Palmer, Joe Morgan, Gaylord Perry, Don Sutton, Steve Carlton, Gary Carter, Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Tony Gwynn, Ripken, Fisk, Ryan, Yount, Brett, Molitor, Winfield, Dawson, Rice, Blyleven, Niekro base cards aren't high demand items. (Henderson, Ripken, Gwynn, Boggs,Sandberg rookies might help if they were included). Without knowing a lot more specifics, it's tough to guess. Are we talking Topps SP's from today? 1/box or tougher inserts? low #'ed inserts? Or a bunch of base 1981-1989 Topps and some All Time Fan Favorites/Topps Archives base cards tossed together?

they would be a mix of tons of different stuff. basically just cards from my entire collection so yea alot of late 80s-90s stuff as well as alot of newer stuff. hall of fame stuff includes stuff like legendary cuts base, ud heroes, ud masterpeices sets like that.

It's very hard to know what one would pay for something when one doesn't know what they are getting. Without a complete description of the contents, you'll probably get less than you really should.

That said, who wants to list out all those cards! I wouldn't. Maybe just noting what some of the key cards are would help you out... are there rookies? If yes, of whom? What are the inserts that are included? Autos? Game Used? or just a bunch of base cards?

Is it a resale box? In other words, is your asking price reasonable enough that someone who wanted to take the time and list out some of the cards and sell them individually could make money on them? It would probably have to be somewhere in the range of double to triple to what they are paying to make it worth the while. Depends on the actual value (in otherwords, if I was spending $20, I'd wanna make at least $60. If I was spending $200, I'd want to make at least $350, to make it worth my time).

It's very hard to know what one would pay for something when one doesn't know what they are getting. Without a complete description of the contents, you'll probably get less than you really should.

That said, who wants to list out all those cards! I wouldn't. Maybe just noting what some of the key cards are would help you out... are there rookies? If yes, of whom? What are the inserts that are included? Autos? Game Used? or just a bunch of base cards?

Is it a resale box? In other words, is your asking price reasonable enough that someone who wanted to take the time and list out some of the cards and sell them individually could make money on them? It would probably have to be somewhere in the range of double to triple to what they are paying to make it worth the while. Depends on the actual value (in otherwords, if I was spending $20, I'd wanna make at least $60. If I was spending $200, I'd want to make at least $350, to make it worth my time).

for hall of famers there probably wont be any rcs since i really dont have many hall of fame rcs. the stars will probably have some rcs. there wouldnt be anything earth shattering in the boxes no gu/autos. my price wouldnt be outrageous. for a hall of fame box i was thinking like 40 dlvd. that leaves me 30 after shipping and at a nickel a card if thats what you resold them for then you would make 100 or so bucks.

its just something im seeing if there is interest in for now because ive been sorting my cards and seperating them so if i was going to sell boxes of them its now or never because knowing me once they get sorted and put back away its game over for awhile on those lol. if theres not much interest i dont mind keeping them.