Where do you store your cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Binders! Except for my vintage Hoyt Wilhelms and my non-baseball cards (historical figures, A&G oddities, etc.).

Last edited:
Last summer my grandpa, his friend, and I built a 4' by 2' cabinent with 6 drawers on it that have 8 rows inside each drawer. I sort my cards by year, set, and number and it is perfect for my collection. I have approximately 20,000 cards stored in it and I could probably fit a total of 40,000-50,000.

Mostly 3200 and 5000 count boxes. I have sets stored with each card in penny sleeve and in two piece 800 ct boxes that fit 12 into card houses. Sounds organized but believe me i'm the world's worst about organizing cards i think.

Trying to find some boxes that will hold cards in toploaders. I have several sets that my daughter and i are doing and i want to store them with the cards in toploaders and still fit into boxes. So if anybody knows of somewhere i can check into them plmk.

Thanks,
Dennis

My collection looks almost like Hoyt's. I use Binders for everything. I use old Topps set boxes to hold my dupes and trade cards. Autos and GU for trade are kept in hard cases in a secure drawer in my bedroom. I use top loaders for my PC cards and keep them in a cabinet drawer in my bedroom as well.

My top PC card is kept in a picture frame and is hung up in my room: 1981-1982 Topps Magic Johnson, personally Auto'd from when I met him at Pepperdine in 1990.

Mostly 3200 and 5000 count boxes. I have sets stored with each card in penny sleeve and in two piece 800 ct boxes that fit 12 into card houses. Sounds organized but believe me i'm the world's worst about organizing cards i think.

Trying to find some boxes that will hold cards in toploaders. I have several sets that my daughter and i are doing and i want to store them with the cards in toploaders and still fit into boxes. So if anybody knows of somewhere i can check into them plmk.

Thanks,
Dennis

800 count boxes

Fits prefect

Sets are mostly in binders - although for newer sets I put into 800 boxes. Star cards for trade are put in binders which are organized by year, brand and number. Commons for trade are in 5 5,000 count boxes organized by year, brand and number. Currently, I am building a desk sized organizer with enough rows for my commons for trade. The tabletop is at a 30 degree angle so I can view cards in binders better.

The picture has a bit of glare, but this is most of my collection:

collection.jpg

On the top shelves I've got complete/partial sets along with actual shoeboxes (not the "shoebox" storage boxes) containing supplies as well as odd-sized stuff like graded cards and jumbo cards. Oh and also one actual pair of GU shoes, just so they can be used for their intended purpose.

On the left there's 4 shoeboxes (card shoeboxes this time) containing lower-end inserts and nicer toploaded cards like autos, patches, and super low-numbered stuff like plates from my baseball collection. Cheaper GU/autos and tough but not super tough inserts fill 8-10 binders in the black drawers to the left. Below my PC stuff are 3 3200-count boxes containing base and <$10 inserts for trade (all inserts penny-sleeved) in alphabetical order. Then there's a shoebox containing RC's for trade and another one full of toploaded GU, autos, and $10+ inserts for trade.

Below that row there are 9 3200-count boxes holding base and really low-end inserts of baseball players that I think are "good" but the cards are so cheap I don't put them on my trade site. There's another 5 of those for football. All alphabetical order. This spills into the bottom row on the right side, which also has shoeboxes holding some of my football collection (not seen because of the giant sorting mess on the floor). The second row on the right has 6 3200-count boxes containing base and low-end inserts of guys that have played for the A's at one time or another. I have another 1-2 boxes that need to be sorted in, which explains part of the mess. The next row up has 2 more big boxes of football cards for trade along with a couple of binders, one of which holds my partial 1988 Topps autographed set (about half done at this point).

The second from the top row on the right has my Trent Dilfer collection - a binder with every base card; 2 shoeboxes completely full of inserts in 50-card cases, toploaders, and screwdowns; a little 400-count box that holds graded cards; 3 actual shoeboxes holding odd-sized cards, promo sheets, magazines, videos, and other memorabilia; and a 2001 Absolute Signing Bonus Super Bowl XXXV Mini Helmet just sitting there.

My dirt commons are in 3200-count boxes and various other boxes in the closet.

My 850+ video game collection is way easier to organize, it just goes on 2 gigantic CD/DVD storage shelving units against the wall.

Richard