Is Beckett.com being a pain for anyone else right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Any idea how the forums work? Does my Beckett account carry over to the forum or do I need to re-register? It appears they have set the forum to not allow new registrations.

Any idea how the forums work? Does my Beckett account carry over to the forum or do I need to re-register? It appears they have set the forum to not allow new registrations.

It looks like the Beckett account carries over. I haven't tried to post anything, but when I go into the forum, it welcomes me with my Beckett ID.

no you should not have to set up a new account. When you log in you need to make sure your address is correct and update it before you can post and such.

everything carries over. It is all jumbled up right now but from what I gather they are still working on the site. The last thing I have read is the site should be just about ready this Friday but we all know what that means.

Go to the Help forum there and you should get a reply this evening by one of the mods or site builders.

I read that if your password was less than 6 letters/numbers you would have to make a new password to get into the forum

Will be interesting to see what they give their long time customers. A few months ago, a statement was released which alluded to the fact that customers who have been paying members would somehow be reimbursed...

The only bad thing I have noticed (and it's a minor problem for me) is that some of the cards I recently added into Organize are not there. Frankly, it's only 5 cards for me, so it's not a big deal to re-add them, but I've seen a few posts over there complaining about tons of cards not being transferred over. That can be frustrating, I'm sure.

Jason "Who is still playing with the new system and seems to like it much, much better."

I just checked it out. I love that fact that alphabetical order doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary anymore. More crap from a crap company, I suppose.

The only bad thing I have noticed (and it's a minor problem for me) is that some of the cards I recently added into Organize are not there. Frankly, it's only 5 cards for me, so it's not a big deal to re-add them, but I've seen a few posts over there complaining about tons of cards not being transferred over. That can be frustrating, I'm sure.

Jason "Who is still playing with the new system and seems to like it much, much better."

Actually, now that I've played a bit more, I notice that those cards that I added are there but are "invisible" at the moment. In other words, if I do a search for them through the system, it says that I already have them in my organize, but they don't appear there. Sigh.

Jason

I hate the new site; really liked the older one much better. I am all about simplicity and the basics - no need for too many graphics and stupid links and such. Just give us what we want: prices and an easy way to download your trade/have list.

The other thing that I don't like currently is that there is no stats for your collection, at least at the moment. I don't care about a total value of my collection, but I do care about how many cards I have, how many #'d, how many memorabilia, etc. Now, I also don't know if this is something that I'll have to pay for later on or not. I sincerely hope not.

Jason

The other thing that I don't like currently is that there is no stats for your collection, at least at the moment. I don't care about a total value of my collection, but I do care about how many cards I have, how many #'d, how many memorabilia, etc. Now, I also don't know if this is something that I'll have to pay for later on or not. I sincerely hope not.

Jason

I was missing the functionality also, hopefully there is a way to see this date, and it just hasn't been implemented yet.

- Chris

I was missing the functionality also, hopefully there is a way to see this date, and it just hasn't been implemented yet.

- Chris

According to a few responses to my post in the help section on their forums, it's currently being addressed as another one of the problems and being worked on. Sigh.

Jason

I am not able to switch cards from one collection to another... any one else able to this, or is it just me?

- Chris

Heck I have 25,000 cards listed and all singles. I cant find any Pujols in my organize but I can find 4 Nolan Ryans out of 500. My collections show pretty close what I have but I cant pull them up and it has my football pc and baseball pc jumbled together. and it will start with 1974 then go down about 25 cards or so and it will show my 1888 then my 1909s. I wont be adding any cards to my organize there and wont be trading untill they get this problem fixed.

I am not able to switch cards from one collection to another... any one else able to this, or is it just me?

- Chris

According to a saved posting from IT Guy (the tech dude working on all the problems), DO NOT try to do any changes in your organize at the moment until the problems are fixed. It will apparently cause you problems once everything is fixed. They are working on the problems and hope to have a solution soon.

Which means that I'm totally frustrated as I have a stack of cards sitting here that I cannot input and it's driving me crazy! LOL!

Jason

According to a saved posting from IT Guy (the tech dude working on all the problems), DO NOT try to do any changes in your organize at the moment until the problems are fixed. It will apparently cause you problems once everything is fixed. They are working on the problems and hope to have a solution soon.

Which means that I'm totally frustrated as I have a stack of cards sitting here that I cannot input and it's driving me crazy! LOL!

Jason

Thanks for the update on this. I have a stack of cards that is getting bigger by the day...

- Chris