Is Beckett.com being a pain for anyone else right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Same here..Oh wait...I dont use Beckett lol

What do you use then, smoke signals? Telepathy?

I keep hearing everyone clamor for the days of "old" Beckett. You mean when you had to know the exact year/brand/set/card number just to figure out what you had? Or when you had to wait for the first week of the month for new pricing? Get real people. Everyone keeps making this big uproar and wanting to storm the castle. It's a collecting website for a hobby. Let's not forget that. Everyone takes things way too seriously these days.

I for one am happy to see a website that even in its infancy is still smoother running than the old one. I don't expect everything to go super smooth in the first week. I can't imagine the amount of data involved in correctly identifying millions of cards. If in a few weeks these problems are not fixed, then there is cause for uproar. Until then, have patience.

And by no means is this a pro-Beckett rant. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I'm just a realist and don't go spouting off like a ticked off teenager (which I have a feeling some people are).

Mr. Black I tend to agree, My main use of the site is looking up cards, and as of right now and the past few days, that has been working flawlessly for me and generally pretty speedy as well. The My Organize section is a bonus and I will continue to use it, but what I pay for is the ability to look up the pricing on the cards I want to.

I keep hearing everyone clamor for the days of "old" Beckett. You mean when you had to know the exact year/brand/set/card number just to figure out what you had? Or when you had to wait for the first week of the month for new pricing? Get real people. Everyone keeps making this big uproar and wanting to storm the castle. It's a collecting website for a hobby. Let's not forget that. Everyone takes things way too seriously these days.

I for one am happy to see a website that even in its infancy is still smoother running than the old one. I don't expect everything to go super smooth in the first week. I can't imagine the amount of data involved in correctly identifying millions of cards. If in a few weeks these problems are not fixed, then there is cause for uproar. Until then, have patience.

And by no means is this a pro-Beckett rant. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I'm just a realist and don't go spouting off like a ticked off teenager (which I have a feeling some people are).

Well said! Even the old site was pretty good with the search engine and so forth. I love the My Organize. The new site is even better and will be great once the glitches are fixed. And they will be in due time. ;)

:D
Jason

I got it to load, but had to do a new search and bookmark...

However, it seems they have revised the entire site as far as the OPG...ugh..

You have to go through pages and pages instead of searching for the set, then the parallels.....I don't like ittttttttttttt:(

I am going to give credit where credit is due; the new website is much faster, smoother, easier to use and is not frustrating me like the old site did, from day one. I use the site mainly to price cards for trading and purchasing. I don't do much inventory control or listing so, for me, it is a breath of fresh air compared to the old, stone-age site. I am very happy with it! No big problems for me so far. I criticized the old site hard and often. Now it is only fair I give it the praise it deserves. Finally, Beckett listened to us, their customers, and did the right thing! Bravo to us and to them!

Yes, I want the old Beckett

1. Much better forums (I love the Bench and will always be home)
2. Could look up BV without paying
3. Heck of alot easier to use

And here I still wait for the site to be fixed so that I can input the ever growing stack of cards I have received over the past few weeks. This is really getting tiresome.

Jason

And here I still wait for the site to be fixed so that I can input the ever growing stack of cards I have received over the past few weeks. This is really getting tiresome.

Jason

I feel your pain, I have about 600 cards to input into my collection... on the other hand, it does look like they are making progress on the other issues, so eventually they will get it done.

- Chris

I feel your pain, I have about 600 cards to input into my collection... on the other hand, it does look like they are making progress on the other issues, so eventually they will get it done.

- Chris

I hope soon. My stack is getting bigger and my available free time is getting smaller! Ack!

Jason

So...to resurrect an old thread...I believe the head honcho at Beckett said that the paying customers who had to deal with all the crap of the old site would be reimbursed somehow...Has anyone heard what that will be or was that an empty promise???