Reds in Pensacola - 1990 WORLD SERIES ADDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great thread, great photos, great story, I was glad to read how all of this took place in the "Thanks for the Memories" thread!

Congrats on the Griffey and Davis, very tough ones to get!!

Griffey, Sr. was especially tough on me considering there were only a handful of other people in the tunnel at the time and nobody asked him for his autograph but me, he made me earn it.

borderline arrogant...he was miffed that I asked him to sign "cards"...you know plural, more than one. He said "why don't we just do one?" or something very close to that. Of course, I agreed. :)

Que Bueno! Whoa, that is fantastic, what is the story?!? This is a GREAT thread, with some fantastic player successes!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Que Bueno! Whoa, that is fantastic, what is the story?!? This is a GREAT thread, with some fantastic player successes!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Barry is as cool as a cucumber, newest roving coach for the Reds, he will probably not rove for long IMO

Barry is as cool as a cucumber, newest roving coach for the Reds, he will probably not rove for long IMO

The Reds have to have the best core of roving instructors, Davis, Griffey, Larkin....how cool! At least they draw from guys who know what they are doing, all are successful players, and here you have a HOFer, fantastic successes! Any more guys coming through Pensacola here soon?

The Reds have to have the best core of roving instructors, Davis, Griffey, Larkin....how cool! At least they draw from guys who know what they are doing, all are successful players, and here you have a HOFer, fantastic successes! Any more guys coming through Pensacola here soon?

Good question...they don't advertise much, sometimes the local news will find out and if you watch the 11PM edition you can hear about it the day before. I have some of my "new" friends telling me when the homestands start since I only work F, S, Sun...I can find out from game day employees early. Haven't heard about anybody else as of right now....Larkin was a huge surprise to everybody, tons of media were there, he has to be the biggest profile guy come thru there in awhile. Griffey Sr. and Davis are awesome but Larkin overshadows them. Junior could probably upstage Larkin if he ever gets in on the action...that would be fun to see.

Good question...they don't advertise much, sometimes the local news will find out and if you watch the 11PM edition you can hear about it the day before. I have some of my "new" friends telling me when the homestands start since I only work F, S, Sun...I can find out from game day employees early. Haven't heard about anybody else as of right now....Larkin was a huge surprise to everybody, tons of media were there, he has to be the biggest profile guy come thru there in awhile. Griffey Sr. and Davis are awesome but Larkin overshadows them. Junior could probably upstage Larkin if he ever gets in on the action...that would be fun to see.

That would be really cool, have you met him before?

That would be really cool, have you met him before?

I totally missed this question, sorry....if you are asking if I ever met Griffey, Jr. the answer is no I have not. I got my Davis frozen yogurt pic signed last night.

attachment.php

I totally missed this question, sorry....if you are asking if I ever met Griffey, Jr. the answer is no I have not. I got my Davis frozen yogurt pic signed last night.

attachment.php

I also commented in your album, but that is COOOOOL! Is your wife ok with that being framed on the living room wall?!?!?!

I also commented in your album, but that is COOOOOL! Is your wife ok with that being framed on the living room wall?!?!?!

LOL, good question........ahhhh NO she barely humors me when I show her my spoils the next day. I also got this 1987 Donruss signed....

Eric%20Davis87D_zpsiyqwg5gp.jpg

LOL, good question........ahhhh NO she barely humors me when I show her my spoils the next day. I also got this 1987 Donruss signed....

Eric%20Davis87D_zpsiyqwg5gp.jpg

Well, I am glad you enjoy it, I will admit I know of very few wives who enjoy the hobby as much as the husbands!!

Glad you had another awesome success from Eric, that is super cool!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc